Friday, March 31, 2006

Confessions

O.K. I have another confession, and I feel like I should make this confession before I go out and indulge this weekend.
I like movies about dancing. I know, most of them are bad but I still go and see them or rent them. I think it might be the gay genes.
This weekend I am going to try to convince my friend Hawk to go see Tale the Lead with me. Actually, I am just going to force him to go and make him sit through this movie like he made me sit through Charlies Angels, Full Throttle.

Yea, so I love dance movies, especially when they involve inner city kids. Do you remember Save the Last Dance? What a great story, if you haven't seen it you should rent it this weekend and make it a block buster night.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great weekend. It's going to rain here this weekend so I am not sure what I am doing. I may be going out with a couple of my lesbian friends, that should be fun.

What are you doing? Do you like dance movies?

7 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Save the Last Dance was an awful movie. Awful! Dirty Dancing, on the other hand, rocks.

Anonymous said...

I liked Foot Loose very much. Does that count? I like Kevin Bacon anyways. I'd like to be thin like him when I turn 40. yes.

Will said...

I don't normally go to see dance films but a friend is in one coming out later this year so I will definitiely see it!

swirly girl said...

I LOVE Strictly Ballroom. Saw the theater production of it too!

ça va pas la tête said...

I love movies too....

I can watch 2 - 3 movies in a row, depending on the mood of course. ;)

porchmouse said...

Absolutely!!!
Fame...the beginning.
Footloose...classic 80's.
Dirty Dancing...the best memories.
Save the Last Dance was cheezy but I loved it...whenever they replay it on TBS I swoon...it's so funny you bring up that movie.
This past New Years Eve we did the best/most embarassing (?) thing ever...we had some friends over and all of a sudden found ourselves engrossed in Saturday Night Fever...we ended up missing the ringing in of the New Year...so I hear ya.
I'm in Halifax right now trying to stalk Coldplay. So far no luck.
Cheers,
Sue

Just Me said...

I didn't realize there were so many dancing movies out there.

FW - Save the Last Dance was cute. Inner city, inter-racial love, fighting against all odds. Beautiful.

Shigeki - Foot Loose counts. That was a good movie too.

Will - What movie is it? I will probably see it too if it is a dance movie.

SG - I haven't seen strictly ballroom. I don't think I have ever heard of it.

ça va pas la tête - A good bottle of wine, some snacks, and lots of movies. with all those supplies I can sit down for a while :)

Sue - Did you ever find coldplay?
I like all of those movies. I am not sure why, but I watch like to watch them all. The Antonio Banderas movie didn't come out this weekend after all.