Sunday, March 19, 2006

Turn Around, Don't Drown.

I really like the new Mary J. Blige video Can't Be Without You. I just love the lyrics.

How was your weekend? Mine was rather uneventful. Did you guys see the news? A lot of Dallas flooded so I was forced to stay in most of the weekend. I live about 10 blocks away from one of the places that was heavily flooded. It was scary. I was considering going to buy a canoe or a small boat in case the floods came into my part of town. It is a good thing I don't live in a flood zone. It is still raining pretty bad, keep your fingers crossed and hope it doesn't flood my house.

I went to go see the movie V for vendetta with my friend Juan and it is amazing. You should go check it out. It has action, romance, comedy...well no comedy but it was still very good. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I even jumped a little in a couple of scenes. There are a lot of similarities between the movie and the current situation in the U.S.

I also went to go watch the play I am my own wife. It was a one person play. I have never really been a big fan of one person plays but I was really impressed that the actor was able to keep up with all of the characters and made me believe that each time he spoke it was a different character.

After the play Chico and I went go the Latino gay clubs where we were joined by Sergio. They were empty so we decided to go gay strip. We drank a lot, danced a little, and had a good time. I got home around 4 a.m. and picked up some fast food on the way home. I woke up with a horrible hang over to a call from my tenant in FW. It wasn't anything major so we took care of it over the phone. The rest of the day was pretty lazy, I did laundry, homework, and chatted online.

Try to have a good week!

Update
So my home didn't flood over night, which I was very thankful for but others weren't as lucky. There was even one fatality that I know of.
On my way to work this morning there was a building that colapsed because of the weight of water. Isn't that crazy?
Also, the parking garage at work was flooded so there is all kind of debris and lots and lots of mud.

6 comments:

ça va pas la tête said...

Vendetta is really really cool. I am loving it!!!!!!!!!

Topher said...

Just wanted to check on you since I only saw the news about Dallas just this morning. Good to know all is well (^_^)

swirly girl said...

This is bad, I know, but I've never been to a gay club--ever.

porchmouse said...

Crazy!!! Have you taken any pics? If so, post away!

savante said...

Ooh. Vendetta is sounding good. I must go watch it.

Paul

Just Me said...

ça va pas la tête - I really like the movie too. I jumped in a couple of scenes, it is a bit scary at times...maybe not scary but intense. :)

Kris - Thanks for checking up on me. That was very sweet of you. How are things going with you?

SG - O.K. We need to go. Let me know when you are free and I can take you on a tour of Gay Dallas.

Sue - I didn't take any pictures. I was to tired to leave my house on Sunday and I forgot to bring my camera with my yesterday. I do have it today so if I see anything I will snap away.

Paul - You have to go see it. It is great, I love Natalie Portman.