Thursday, March 23, 2006

Have Medical Insurance, Will Date

I was reading The Wall Street Journal yesterday and there it is an article titled "Got Abs? Personality? Health Insurance Won't Hurt, Either." Apparently having health insurance is considered HOT these days among online daters. I found the article a bit funny, it says that people who have health insurance "flaunt it as an asset". For those of you who are single, do you consider health coverage as a turn on or is the WSJ on crack?

On a somewhat related note, my friend Chico and I are thinking about doing the speed dating thing. Basically you go to a place and you have a date every 15 minutes. You sit at a table and men come to you, you interview each other and at the end you tell the organizers who you would like to see again. If both of you like each other then they give you each others numbers. It sounds fun, I could potentially have about 30 dates in one night...that could be more than I had in the last few months.
Have you heard of this before? Have you heard any positive/negative feedback? Would you do it?

Confession
I have one more confession that I want to share with you guys. I haven't shaved in 5 days. 5 Days!
Two days without shaving gives me the sexy stubble look. Five days without shaving makes me look like a homeless person. I am shaving tomorrow.

9 comments:

swirly girl said...

Hell YES, do that speed dating thing! Everyone I know who's done it had fun. I've never done it because I'm too afraid of rejection--and being rejected by many in a couple hours seems a little daunting.

KB said...

I really don't think one way or the other. I just assume they have it. Why? Because the type of guy I go for is employed. I don't like loser, unemployed, live with their mother types. I assume if they are employed they have some sort of insurance.

Robert said...

Having health insurance is smart, especially when one's over 30! :-) But no one should really flaunt it, that's just odd.

"You sit at a table and men come to you..." Yeah, I think that's a great idea. You get to sit and men come to you, I'm lazy like that. heh!

Oh and I shave once a week, usually on Sunday. I get stubby, I don't care. I hate shaving!

Martinez Family said...

Oooo. I love it when you have stubblies! Sexy!

Anonymous said...

Having health insurance is hot? hmmm.. but i see why they listed that because it means people with health insurance don't seem to be in a financial trouble at least?

I haven't shaved for the entire trip not to get carded when I ask for a martini. So far, it's been unsuccessful....

Go get a hottie at speed dating! (Sounds like a drug party. :-)

ça va pas la tête said...

wow wow dont shave!!!

porchmouse said...

Yes you should definitely try speed dating. I've only ever seen/heard reports of it. It would never happen here in Moncton because although our population is 100,000 +, everyone still seems to know each other, or know of each other, or know someone who knows someone...but living in a bigger area...definitely do it. Best case scenario - you meet someone fantastic. Worse case scenario - you have great blog materia.

Just Me said...

SG - I am going to try it and I will report back but I kinf of feel the way you do. What if nobody likes me?

KB - But is it that important if you guys are just dating? Would you stop dating a guy if he didn't have health insurance?

Robert - I hate shaving too, I have tought about getting electrolosis to make the hair disapear.

FW - I have them again, I am to lazy to shave. The good thing is that I don't have mtgs to attend so nobody sees me.

Shigeki - I am not so sure what having health insurance has to do with dating. The article said the same thing you did, that it was a sign of financial stability b/c they would have a job. I just wouldn't ask someone I was dating if they have health insurance.

ça va pas la tête - I didn't shave until Saturday. My skin looked awesome that day I am not sure if it has anything to do with the beard but it did :)

Sue - I will let you know how the speed dating thing goes. I think it will be fun...well only if someone likes me :) I better go shopping and find a great outfit to wear :)

Urology Surgery India said...

Great blog all the best