Monday, March 13, 2006

Am I going to Die?

That was part of a text message I sent my optometrist friend and my other friend that works as his office assistant. Before I tell the rest of the story I would like to say that I am sleep deprived. I went to bed at 1:30 last night because I was up working and the damn finance paper. I have made some progress but I still need to crank out some more pages this week to turn it in on Thursday.

Last time I was at the optometrist he changed my contact lens solution to one called "Clear Care" which is a peroxide based solution that helps prevent build-up on the lens. It clearly says "Do not use in eyes" and I got a spill at the optometrist office about how it would sting if I used it in my eyes.
Well, this morning without even thinking I used it directly in my eyes. As soon as the first drop hit my eye a string of obscenities came out of my mouth cursing everyone from the ground I walk on to the skies. It was horrible! Horrible!!!
My eye is now this big red mess. It looks like I have pink eye and it still burns every time I blink. According to my friend I am not going to die so you can all breathe now but if you want to send a care package let me know and I will send you my address :)

My weekend was pretty predictable. I helped out with a garage sale for the non-profit I am part of. We made a lot of money but for the most part we were just selling to each other. I ended up leaving the garage sale with a wireless keyboard, a Sarah McLaughlin cd, and a book life's little secrets. The book is hilarious and I may use it every once in a while at the end of my post to share some of the wisdom from the book. I was going to start today but I forgot it at home.

I also had a facial, went to the St. Patrick's day parade on Sunday in the West End, the Dallas World aquarium and spent some time with my family. I love the Dallas World Aquarium. If you are ever in town you should check it out.

How was your weekend? I hope you didn't burn your eyes like I did.

6 comments:

porchmouse said...

Whoa...that's crazy. I can't imagine the stinging! The Aquarium sounds amazing. We don't have any aquariums out here...just the ocean...but I also love aquariums. Dallas sounds like it has oodles of stuff to keep you occupied. Sucks that you have to focus on a paper. As for the maple candy, maybe I should look at shipping you some. The candy won't keep unless refrigerated but the cream is oh so good. Wish the sap would hurry up and start running. The season is short but needs to start asap. I'm home sick today. Lucky for me there should be curling on all day. Later.

Martinez Family said...

I had a wonderful weekend! The hubby was home Saturday and Sunday and actually SPENT TIME with us. Woo hoo! Saturday was Little Gym, shopping errands and my little nephew's birthday party. Saturday I worked in my garden. I planted my strawberries and repotted my new mandevilla that Will got for me. Oh, and I cleaned the house. Ugh. After that, Little One and her friend played in the driveway with the new "sidewalk paint" I got for them. It was a big mess. And soooo cute.

savante said...

You poor baby. What happened? What's the diagnosis?

Paul

Robert said...

Silly boy, try not to do that ever again! Could've been worse I guess, the stinging could've been your ass! :-) kidding! [although I'm sure some peeps like that!]

You didn't get enough sleep but you did get a facial. ha! fun-knee! My weekend was short and sweet. Thanks for asking Cesar! Hope you get your paper finished soon!!

Anonymous said...

Before I send you the car package, I am gonna have to send you another clock whose alarm goes off pretty well to wake you up. I am glad you survived the "life-threatening" moment. hahaha.

My weekend sucked as always. I had to work. I am tired... Have a pretty day!

Just Me said...

Sue - the stinging was horrible. My eye is still red.
Dallas has a lot to do. A lot but I would give it up to have an ocean (without the snow).
The candy sounds so good. Lets put our head together and figure out how to get it here without it being ruined :)

SM - It sounds like you had a good family weekend and I am glad you got to spend some time with your W.

Paul - I am alright, my eye is just really red and it hurts every time I blink :) My friend told me I would not die, loose my vision, or become temporarily insane.

Robert - I will make sure I never do it again. It hurts. Don't you try it either :)
And I am glad it wasn't my ass that was stinging. :)

Shigeki - I guess I do need a better alarm. Can you send me a man who will shake my bed until I wake up?