Friday, March 24, 2006

It's O.K. to whore yourself out...as long as it's for a good cause

Have I mentioned how I really like my new boss'? I do. I think I am going to learn a lot from them. I kind of become the numbers/project/go-to guy in the department for the vp and the manager. I like that because I have a lot of free time on my hands and working on these projects gives me something to do. It also gives me visibility and hopefully they will think of me when they start hiring for the senior analyst. We are also going to start doing some projects that might require traveling, so I am totally on board for that. I guess you can say I am trying to get on their good sides. I am not kissing their ass, I am just doing my job.

On a similar subject - I was talking to a guy I know and he canceled our dinner plans because he needed to take someone to dinner and ask him for a favor for his non-profit organization. Non-profit work is all about whoring yourself out. It is all about who you know and how they can help you achieve your organizations goals. It's true, you have to whore yourself out. Some call it networking but lets call it what it is...whoring yourself out.

What do you have going on this weekend? Anything fun and exciting? I have absolutely nothing planned. I may try to catch a movie with my friend Hawk. We also have dinner plans for Sunday but I may cancel because it will interfere with Grey's Anatomy. Other than that I will just be relaxing at home.

5 comments:

porchmouse said...

Before you cancel your plans, Grey's Anatomy is a repeat this week. Yes I'm bored and had nothing better to do than look that up for you right now. Here's the link to the ep in case you missed it earlier this year.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/episodes/2005-2006/6.html

Martinez Family said...

Dude, you have a friend named Hawk? Cool.

Same ol same ol around here. Taking the kiddo to Little Gym tomorrow. Then I get to clean the house. It's friggin trashed.

Topher said...

Way to go Sue!! I was so looking forward to a new episode too.

Aww come on Cesar! You'll get to watch Grey's Anatomy one way or another if you would have made dinner plans already. Or ask the friend to watch it with you.

What have I been doing this weekend? Working both days, and probably hang out with my so-called friend again. It's like we're dating but we're not, since he's with somebody. Yea, enjoy Sunday Cesar! Take care

Just Me said...

Hi Laura. Welcome back to blogger!

Sue - Thanks for letting me know. We ended up catching lunch instead so I could work on my paper.

FM - No, I don't have a friend named Hawk. That is his code name on my blog :)

Kris - Uhh, you are in one of those confusing relationships. It feels like you are dating without the sexual benefits. I totally know what you are going through.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I stumbled across your wonderful little blog and while reading saw that you are a Grey's Anatomy fan. I run a small fansite 'www.greysanatomyonline.com' and was hoping I could get a link to my site from your blog (maybe switch out the link to the official site if its not too much trouble?).

I would be so incredibly grateful.

I'd love to hear back if you get the chance. I know you are probably really busy and this isn't high on your list.

P.S. Keep on bloggin'!

Warmest,

Kris