Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Career advice

There are a couple of people in my industry that I depend on for career advice. I sent my friends an email yesterday asking them for advice on some things I am planning on doing and one of them replied and was a BIG help. The thing I like about these people is that they totally get it, partly because they work in the same industry and partly because they know what I want.

I use to work with one of them and we would always share Mexican home remedies when we were sick. If you have ojo get some eggs and do a barida (sweeping), if your are praying for something, turn your saints upside down. etc. Anyway, she replied and this is what she said:

"I will have my fingers crossed, the candles burning, the eggs boiling, praying to all the saints and I will be pulling my hair for you. in other words I will be doing all the Mexican home remedies to send you good vibes."

I thought it was hilarious so I had to share.

4 comments:

porchmouse said...

That's cute...would love to hear more home remedies.
Oh, and thanks for voting Tim. :)

Martinez Family said...

The egg thing seems to work. Well, it does on my Little One, at least. The mother-in-law used to do it when she was fussy and it always calmed her down. Weird, huh? I want a full post outlining your favorite Mexican folk remedies.

Anonymous said...

That's good that you were able to get great advice from friends. I never seem to ask for advice when it comes to work... I don't know.... But it's better that one is able to talk about it with friends. I wish I had that. :-) Good day!

Just Me said...

Sue - Oh, we talked about writting a book. Mostly because some of them are so funny and there is no way they work but we still try them when we are sick. I am going to have to make a post on those.

FW - The egg works for Ojo. I don't know how it works but it works.

Shigeki - It is nice to be able to ask for advice. I have been lucky to have been some good people along my career.