Saturday, April 01, 2006

Weekend Stories


Soccer
The most exciting thing I did this weekend was watch my nephews soccer game. They lost but it was still fun being out there and cheering. I learned a few lessons that days
- Only cheer for your team, it doesn't matter that the other team made a goal
- Never let your 2 year old nephew run into the field with 12 year old boys chasing a ball
- Do not flirt with the referee, he might miss something important

April Fools
Here is some back up info on April Fools

I was woken up early on Saturday morning by my 6 year old niece, how early? 7 am early.
The conversation when something like this:
Me - Bueno?
Raquel - Hi Tio (tio means uncle in Spanish)
I thought she had dialed my number by mistake, who calls that early?
Me - Hi Raquel, how are you?
Raquel - Why is my mommy mad at you?
Me - Your mommy is not mad at me.
Raquel - Yes she is, she was telling my daddy she was mad at you.
Me - What did she say?
Raquel - I don't know, but she is mad at you.
Me - Let me talk to your mother.
Raquel - April Fools.
Me - What? Raquel, you don't pull an April Fools at 7 in the morning.
Raquel - Sorry.
Off she went giggling. Apparently they April Fooled all of my brothers and sisters...at 7 in the morning. We were not happy campers.

I was later woken up by Wade who called me on his way to open one of his restaurants. Why do people call me so early on Saturday morning? (well, it wasn't so early 10 am, but still)

5 comments:

Martinez Family said...

I'm going to start calling you on Saturday mornings before Little One gets up. What do you think about that?

Anonymous said...

Soccer is always fun to watch. It's speedy and see unexpected things from time to time. And I like muscular thighs. :-)

KB said...

All my friends know not to bother to call me before noon on weekends. You should just not answer your phone. Or better yet, just turn the damned thing off! You are NOT bound by your phone!

That was a good one though! I love how you tried to juice her for details! I can see you, telling her to give you the dirt! ha ha ha!

swirly girl said...

"(tio means uncle in Spanish)"

I have no idea why this made me laugh as hard as it did.

Just Me said...

SM - If you call me at 3 am I swear I will cuss you out. I can't do that to my neice but I can do it to you :)

Shigeki - I like watching kids play soccer they are either really into it or they are so distracted that the ball could be at their feet and they wouldn't notice.

KB - I use my cell phone as my alarm so I really can't turn it off. I should turn it off on days that I don't have anything going on though.

SG - Why was that funny?