Sunday, April 16, 2006

Kids say the funniest things

I was set up on a blind date by a friend. We were all suppose to go out and just hang out but our schedules didn't work out so on Friday we decided that my blind date, lets call him C, and I would just go out by ourselves. We spoke on Friday and we decided we would take his dog for a walk on Sunday morning. I thought, wow, how creative, this is definitely something I haven't done on a first date. I was really looking forward to the date and then I realized I didn't know what the guy looked like. I called my friend to get a description but when she started off with "he's tall about 5'4 or 5'5" I realized I couldn't depend on her for a good description. He was actually about 5'11.

We met at the lake and we started walking without even talking about how far we were going to go. We start talking and getting to know each other and next thing you know an hour has gone by and we are halfway around the lake, or so we think, and try to decide if we need to turn back around or keep going. We decide to keep going going...big mistake. We were no where close to the middle.
We were almost to the end when his dog decided she was done, she was so tired we kept having to stop every 15 minutes for a rest and water and at the end she sat down and we couldn't get her back up. C decided to go get the car while I waited with the dog. It took us 3.5 hours to walk all the way around the lake and I stopped liking him about 1.5 hours into it. Not because he is a bad guy or anything but because I was tired of walking. At the end we decided to get together for dinner sometime this coming week. I will let you know how that goes.

Oh, the title of the post:
I was talking to my sister about the blind date and my niece said "Are you going to be wearing a blind fold?" My sister and I laughed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, walking for that much? your conversations must have been really interesting and made your time fly by... Geez, I couldn't do that.... I hope your feet don't hurt much.

NO more long walking next time. :-)

KB said...

That's funny! I have been on a date at the state fair, and decided I hated the guy when we left out the wrong exit, and he decided we could just walk around the parimeter of the fair. This is the Texas State Fair! It's got a huge ass parimeter, and you can't actually get all the way around it. So we found out. I hated him once my feet started hurting and the parking lot was nowhere in site.

Martinez Family said...

Good gawd. That was a helluva walk. You should've offered to carry the dog. ;)

Robert said...

Walking for 3.5hrs is a long time, but not compared to TALKING for 3.5hrs. Good grief Cesar. I hope you two didn't run out of material, save it for your next date! :-) I would totally need a diversion or something if I had to talk for that long. Bring an iPod next time! heh!

Have fun on your 2nd date.

Just Me said...

Shigeki - It was interesting. There was some silence and we were talking to other people.
Next time we agreed we will go to a place with air conditioning.

KB - Yea, that is how I feel...we walked for 9 miles. That is a lot of walking. A lot. Luckily my legs don't hurt but I do have a nice tan. :)

SM - We did carry the dog but it is a big dog. It wasn't very fun.

Robert - Tell me about it! A date should never be more than 1.5 hours. NEVER! We ran out of things to talk about and there was some silence but it wasn't to bad. If anyone ever takes me to a park again on a date I am going to make sure I bring my jogging gear so I can run back to my car if it ends up being a long date.

ça va pas la tête said...

cool. sounds like a good one. ;)