Monday, April 24, 2006

Faith

I mentioned in my previous post that I was a bit stressed/anxious. I took an early lunch and I went and took care of what was bothering me.

It's weird because I should have taken care of it several months ago but for some reason I ignored it until it completely occupied my every thought from Friday though today.

It's also weird because I am not a very religious person but on Sunday I went to church. It's surprising how many people find religion or faith or whatever you want to call it in their hour of need. I went as far as trying to bargain with God. You know, "If you do _____, I promise to do _____." It seems to have worked in my case.

Anyway, everything is alright. Thanks for the text messages, voice mails, and emails. :)

5 comments:

Robert said...

Some time ago I read that when one prays, it's only when one wants - some thing[s]. I'm not sure if it's true cuz I never do. But whatever works I'd say.

I'm just glad that you got whatever it was taken care of!!! xoxo

ça va pas la tête said...

I do that that.

"God, get me out of this mess and I promise never to do it again"

and sometimes somehow, Oppss I did it again. Sigh.

People never learn I guess. ;)

KB said...

Was it a huge tumor that has grown over the course of 4 years into 160 pounds, and you had to have it removed? If so, you're not alone.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=News&id=2526632

http://search.discovery.com/search?proxystylesheet=dhcMain&site=dhcContent%7CdhcNews%7CdhcEncyclopedias&client=dhcMain&output=xml_no_dtd&filter=0&getfields=*&q=160+pound+tumor

Topher said...

Good to hear everything worked out fine for you. Hmm, so all you needed to do was take an early lunch and you got over with.

I dunno why I feel like I wanna know what this is. Either I'm nosy or I just care..It's the latter Cesar!!

Hugs

Just Me said...

Robert - I have really enjoyed our conversations. Thanks!

ça va pas la tête - I hope I learned my lesson. I really do, I don't want to go through this again...EVER!

KB - No, it wasn't anything like that.

Kris - Well, it was actually more than just taking an early lunch, it was taking an early lunch, going to the doctor, and waiting patiently for results.
Thanks for being concerned, you are to sweet.