Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Weekend

How was your weekend?

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I did go to the gym, I am seriously committed to loosing weight this time. All I need to loose is 10 lbs and tone up. Wish me look and send good thoughts my way.

It was somewhat of stressful weekend. I spent most of the weekend trying not to think of something that has been worrying me for a few days. The more I tried to ignore the issue the more anxious I got. I know I need to deal with it but I really couldn't do anything about it until Monday so there was no point in trying to deal with it. I will take care of it Monday during lunch.

Chico and I were suppose to go to the Urban Arts Festival but when we got there it was pretty dead so we decided to go to the Main Street Fort Worth Art Festival. The FW festival is ranked number 1 in Texas and 8th in the nation. The art is pretty incredible but it is also extremely over priced. The two pictures below are from the festival:



The one below is of garden sculptures:


Rather than going out to the bars we decided to stay in, watch movies and drink. After a while we decided we were hungry and we started cooking. One should never cook after a few glasses of wine. NEVER, EVER!!
We decided we really liked garlic and used about 6 to 8 pieces of garlic in our pork. When two of my friends stopped by later that night they said they could smell the garlic in the street. Yeap, it was that much. 24 hours later my home still smells like garlic.

Funny story - one of us, I am not going to say who but it wasn't me, tried to get the pork out of the oven but forgot to use the oven mitt and grabbed the pot with his hand. He burned himself but it wasn't anything serious. It was pretty funny after it happened :) Sometimes I wish my life was recorded.

6 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Hey! We went to the art festival yesterday! Little One had a blast. She did the sand art and made a painting and a necklace. She LOVED the live music. You should've seen her grooving away.

BTW, what's eating you, buddy?

porchmouse said...

next time take drunken cooking pics...capture the moment! my weekend was somewhat uneventful as well...at least the weather is starting to come around. :)

KB said...

I'm totally jealous. I love the art festival. Austin has a great one too. But theirs is actually affordable. Did you get the garden sculpture guy's card? One day I am going to have one of those in my yard.

Ouch! I'v done stupid things like that sober. My friend this weekend slammed her thumb in the car door, and she dipped it into her margarita to make it feel better.

KB said...

I'm upset. No mention of me in your blog. :( I should take the mention of you out of my blog!

swirly girl said...

Ok, seriously...the next time you're in Fort Worth CALL ME! Me, You, and Chico acting like monkeys is always a sure bet for wacky chaos!

Just Me said...

SM - I am sure E had a good time at the festival. I had a great time. I got to see the little kids perform, it was awesome.

Sue - You are so right, I need drunken cooking pictures. SM has some pictures of me trying to cook oatmeal while drunk ;)

KB - Sorry I didn't mention you. :) I will mention you here. This crazy Beatch(sp)(do you remember that from our old P1 happy hour days?) called while I was asleep. You can read all about it on her blog :)

Laura - are yo all moved in? I bet you are so happy to be in your new place.

SG - I will. We are still on for Tuesday ;)