Tuesday, November 29, 2005

How Impersonal!!!

Last night I was at dinner with one of my friends who is visiting from Los Angeles and while we are having dinner I receive a text message. Normally I silence my phone when I eat but we were having such a good time that I completely forgot about it.
It turns out to be a text message from the guy that was suppose to rent my house and in this text message he tells me that he after some consideration they will not be able to rent my house.

I know we are living in a high tech world but come on. I think this is the equivalent of breaking up with someone over email...or sending electronic flowers.

Does anyone else think this was impersonal?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How on earth is this allowed???? This guy should be sent to the "pathetic" jail and burnt in hell!!!

Anonymous said...

The hubby's brother sent a "Happy Birthday" text message recently, instead of calling. It's the digital age gone awry, I tell you. --SM

Just Me said...

The good news is that I kind of thought they were going to back out so I had already started looking. Someone came to look at the house yesterday and she wants to rent it. We are getting together on Sunday to talk some more.
Wish me luck!

Just Me said...

Thanks Sam. I like your blog too, very interesting.

Poor Chico. An email? Some people don't have manners.