Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Case of the Missing Suitcase

My mother came into town yesterday for a long visit and I picked her up from the airport. As we are waiting at baggage claim C25 we catch up, wait for her luggage, decide where we want to have dinner, wait for her luggage, talk about my family and wait, and we wait some more. Next thing you know there are two lonely suitcases in the carousel and everyone is gone except for this couple with two young kids and my mothers suitcase is nowhere to be found. Luckily there is a baggage desk right next to C25 so I asked the guy (who I think was from Nigeria b/c of his accent)and he points to the carousel and asks me "Is that your suit case?" I look at it, then at him and I say "No" as if he had just asked the dumbest question in the world. So the search begins. 15 minutes later my mother and I are snacking on some chips and drinking a diet coke and he comes up and says "I am sorry sir but we cannot find your suitcase we will continue to look for it, do you want to come back?" and since I don't live so close to the airport we wait...and wait...he comes back with a big smile on his face and he tells me they found my mother suitcase. Guess where it was? Go on, Guess.

It was spinning on the carousel the whole time. The whole time. The same suitcase he asked about earlier. So I looked at the guy apologetically, took the suit case, and we left the airport embarrassed but laughing all the way to the restaurant.

It turns out my mother forgot she had borrowed my dads suitcase because hers was to small. It was very funny.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

It was so funny. Mostly b/c we were just standing around and hadn't even noticed that everyone was leaving.
I told my mother I was going to get her bright red suitcases so that it doesn't happen next time.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Suh-weet!--SM