Monday, November 21, 2005

Condo

I closed on my condo today and I am beyond excited!

I can't help but feel guilty though, my mother came to town from L.A. to help me clean my house and pack, sell, and throw away everything I have in our current house. Since she got here I have noticed that she has been a little sad because she is packing, throwing away, and selling some of her stuff. Although this is my house, everyone (my family)calls it 'our' house. This is where my parents stay when they come to town. This is where we celebrate our family Christmas, New Years, and other holidays even though my house is the smallest out of my brothers and sisters houses. This is where my sisters families stay when their a/c or their house is being worked on. And finally, this is where my brother lives when he is on vacation from college.

Anyway, even though my sisters are happy for me they are a little sad also...but I am still happy...one of my friends who was visiting from Aguascalientes MX this past week told me I am a selfish during one of our conversations about relationships. Selfish with my time. Selfish with my emotions. And maybe it also translates to my family. Selfish...maybe I agree. But how could I not feel happy?

Anyway, my mood has changed since I started this post. I planned on telling you guys about my real estate agent and the gift he game me after we closed, the colours I want to paint my new place, and the plans for the house warming party. That will have to wait for another time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, don't be sad! It'll be okay! You have no reason to feel guilty. Trust me, Mommys always get a little blue when they're feeling nostalgic. And I'm sure your family will adapt to having the holidays somewhere else in no time. I imagine you'll have even more fun when everyone has more space to relax and party. The fact is that 99% of the time that 3-bedroom house is only occupied by little old you. It really doesn't make much sense. Personally, I'm going to miss you terribly, but I'm glad you're getting all the trappings befitting your young professional lifestyle. It'll all work out. You'll see. --SM

Just Me said...

I am going to mis you too. Who am I going to finish a bottle of wine on Sunday afternoons with? Who is going to invite me to dinner? Who is going to listen to my pointless stories? Who is going to give me advice after a few glasses of wine?
You are going to have to visit me!

Tortilla Gurl said...

You have to think of the new and exciting things (think positive thoughts)...and remember though you're closing this one chapter you are opening so many more - ;)