Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving, dreams, and other random things

Thanksgiving was great. We normally don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my family but this year we all got together since my mom is in town. We had two turkeys, and all of the side foods plus some Mexican additions to the table such as salsa, flan and tortillas :) It was way to much food and way to many deserts but I enjoyed every bite of it.

So I was at my new place yesterday after work and I met with one of my friends who is a contractor and he looked at some of the things I want to get done before I move in. One of those is hard wood floors. We measured and then we went to Home Depot to look at the different colors and types. The hottest guy helped us, his name is Aaron and he speaks with the cutest lisp. I have to go back and return some stuff I bought and buy new door locks. Maybe I will get Aaron to help me :) This will definitely be my new Home Depot!
My friend
  • Chico
  • joined us and while we were waiting at my place for my contractor friend to show up we discovered that I have an elephant living above me. This guy is going to be loud. When I was back there today he kept walking back and forth from one side to the other. I may have to go elephant hunting soon.

    I am going to be painting all day tomorrow and Saturday. I am not looking forward to it but I did most of the prep work today. I drove up there early in the morning and I put tape down, filled holes, caulked, and fixed some other stuff. After I paint it will be ready for me to move in. My friend
  • Chico
  • will be helping me and I am thankful for that. Maybe it will take half as long now that I will have help. If any of you are in the neighborhood swing by and pick up a paint brush. Free food and
  • Chico
  • is bringing the wine.

    I have had a some-what re-occurring dream the last three days. It always involves me and another guy who apparently is my boyfriend. Last night we were going on a trip together to one of my social events and I was helping him pack by telling him what I needed him to wear while we were there (two suits, a black one with the stripes and a charcoal gray one). And that would normally sound like me telling people what I need them to do but then I did something socking...I asked him what he needed me to pack. Although this doesn't sound like much, it is a pretty big deal for me. I am not self-absorbed, but after so many years of being single I usually don't change my habits after I meet a guy. It is still about me first and about our relationship second. I know it is bad, I know I should change. Maybe the fact that this guy has been for 3 days in a row means a long relationship is on its way. :) I can always hope right :)

    I hope I dream of him tonight.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Have you seen the guy's face? Is he cute? You need this information if you're going to recognize the "man of your dreams!" --SM