Thursday, November 03, 2005

Just Like Me

During one of my meditation or yoga classes I learned to play a game called "Just Like Me". I normally play this game when I am stuck in traffic or when I am waiting in line. Now that I am driving to Dallas for work everyday and I am stuck in traffic for an hour or an hour and a half I get to play it a lot more often.

This morning I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half because of two accidents off of 20 and 67.

So here is how you play...while sitting in traffic you look at the person in the car next to yours and you say "Just Like Me he/she is in a hurry to get to work" or "Just Like Me he/she feels abandoned by (insert name of ex-boyfriend here)". The point of the game is to express your feelings openly and out loud (to yourself) by projecting your feelings onto someone else. Sometimes you may feel a certain way but until you actually express your feelings out loud it doesn't really hit you how you actually feel about it.

I really enjoy playing this game, you should give it a try.

I have great news!!! I may not be making the drive to Dallas anymore...I may actually be living in Dallas soon. I placed a contract on a condo last night, hopefully they will accept my offer and I can move around Thanksgiving. All I have to do now is find renters for my house in Fort Worth.

No comments: