Friday, November 11, 2005

Sentimental Fool


Sentimental Fool
Originally uploaded by kai7710.

I have been cleaning my house and I have come to the conclusion that I am a sentimental fool. I keep so many things that remind me of good times...bad times...and everything in between.

While I was cleaning I threw out so much that I filled my recycling bin and my trash can with stuff that I wanted to keep at one point.
The heart is an example of one of those things. This heart was given to me by one of my good friends,

  • Kerry
  • . She gave it to me along with a black and white tiger that said "I am wild about you" and it is made out of starburst wrappers. Isn't it cute?

    I probably should have thrown it out but I decided to keep it in one of my boxes that I am putting in storage. I don't get to see
  • Kerry
  • anymore and the fact that she cared enough to make this for me means a lot to me. That is the problem with wanting to clean my house and unclutter it a little, everything has sentimental value or I wouldn't have kept it

    3 comments:

    My Daily Struggles said...

    Sentimentality is not a foolish emotion.

    KB said...

    Ahh shucks. Here come the water works. sniff sniff. I miss you too! I ate a hell of a lot of starbursts to make that too. :o)

    You are so sweet for keeping it and remembering it! I feel so loved.

    Robert said...

    I'm like that, too. But I'm getting a bit better now. Tho I do keep all the cards, etc.... but the 'bulkier' stuff, if you had to think twice about them, take a Polaroid pix and then just toss it away... Maaaybe! :-)