Sunday, December 04, 2005

Move & My New neighbor's

I finally moved in this weekend and my new place is slowly getting to feel like home. The movers brought my stuff on Saturday morning so I had most of the afternoon to unpack and arrange. I made the guys from the moving company move my furniture several times before I was happy with the location. Actually, it really wasn't me, my friend Kathy was passing by and she came in to help me out. I had no clue what I was going to do with my furniture...thank goodness she has a nack for decorating.

I spent all day Saturday unpacking and decorating but I still have a long way to go. My furniture is a little to big for this place but I am managing to make it work. It is hard moving from a house to a condo...don't ever do it....although there are advantages. I will give you my final verdict in a few months.

Last night I had a few friends over to keep me company for a little while...that little while turned into hours, and hours. I have never drank so much beer and eaten so much pizza in all of my life. We had a great time but I was exhausted from unpacking all day. Needless to say my Sunday was pretty much wasted. I didn't wake up until 11 and by the time I decided to get out of bed and going it was way late. I did manage to go back to my old place and picking up some more stuff that I needed. As of now all of the stuff I brought back with my is sitting in my living room...maybe I will get around to putting it away this week...maybe.

I met some of my neighbors and one of them pointed out where all of the gay people live...apparently there is a lot of us in my little community. Hopefully they are all not full of drama. I can already tell I am going to strongly dislike my neighbors from upstairs. They are load but I am not sure it is their fault. Every time they take one step I can hear them and it is driving me crazy. I have never been in an apartment type setting so I have never had to deal with this sort of thing. I should have thought about that before I purchased this place. I am sure I will get use to it but sometimes it sounds like they are bowling up there. My mother came over last Thursday to help me do some stuff and she things I am exaggerating and my friend Juan things I am being a bit to dramatic but it does bother me. Right now I can hear their t.v. and it is loud. But I probably shouldn't complain to much because we were here until 3 or 4 a.m. last night laughing and being loud. Maybe with time I will get to know and love my elephant neighbors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in a similar apartment, I immdieately moved out. :-) But if that's not an option, I think you could just use an iPod or something to listen to music all the time?

Just Me said...

Unfortunately I can't move. I already bought the place so I am stuck there for a while. I hope I get use to the noise. They seem to be nice guys (they are a gay couple), maybe I will grow to like them.

Anonymous said...

It'll be like the trains at the old place. You'll see! --SM