Thursday, December 22, 2005

Persona non grata

I have become a persona non grata at my previous place of employment. I received an email from one of my ex employees who informed me she was in trouble for communicating with me and was asked to cease all communications. I originally thought one of the analyst who I have also been communicating with told my old boss because she has been known to have loose lips but my employee told me her new boss had been reading her emails.

Can you believe it? She was reading her emails.

Her new boss also use to work for me and when I left she was promoted. Before I left I, along with the 2 other managers in the department, strongly discouraged my boss and my director from promoting her because of her lack of social skills and her negative attitude but apparently they didn't listen. Now they have people who want to leave because she is a complete and total Bitch and she lacks the basic social and communication skills the rest of us learned at the age of 5.

So...now that I know I am not suppose to be communicating with them I am dropping off Christmas cards at the security desk and I am sending them all an e-card. I am doing it because I too can be a total and complete Asshole but most importantly I am doing it because I worked there for 7 years and I made some good friends while I was there. If my old boss or the Bitch have an issue with me they can take it up with me directly and leave the people that stayed behind alone.

5 comments:

swirly girl said...

Holy crap. My boss was awful too! makes me think we worked in the same co. Probably not. There are a lot of bitches around, I bet.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe there are so many bad creatures (a.k.a. shitty bosses) on this planet... But that's even shitty that they told you not to communicate. I've never heard something like that before. I am glad you no longer work there. :-) Happy holidays!

Tortilla Gurl said...

That really sucks...I'm so sorry. Just be careful. This siutaiton did happen to me once...me being the friend who kept in communication with an old co-worker and I ended up getting the back end of the stick. My friend felt bad...but sometimes...it's okay to just let bitchy people alone....they may think they have the upper hand, but seriously...they have to live with themselves...

Just Me said...

Swirly Girl - I hope we did not work at the same place. It was horrible at times and I don't wish that on anyone. I read you left your job also. Good luck on your job search.

Shigeki - I am so glad I don't work there anymore either. It was a great place to work for the first 5 years but the last two were just bad.

Tortillagurl - I should try to be the "better person" but it just makes me so mad that they are doing this. I won't be communicating my old boss but I will still be seeing my friends. I can't stop seeing them :(

Anonymous said...

I know ALL about bosses looking through e-mail. Nothing like some petty corporate politics to brighten your day. --SM