Saturday, December 10, 2005

Warning: Do Not Leave Candle Unattended

I am so glad they put that warming on candles. This weekend while I was unpacking I came to a box of candles so I decided to light one up. As the day progressed I kept doing other things and later while I was on the phone with my cell phone provider my smoke detector beeped once, at first I didn't pay any attention because I was trying to take care of an issue but then it beeped again, and then it just kept beeping so I turned around and I look at my coffee table and there on top of my favorite tray was a little fire caused by the candle I was burning. The fire was self contained in the candle holder that came with the candle. Well, it was self contained until I tried to put it out. First I started to fan it with some files laying on the floor, then I threw a glass of water and that only managed to make the fire bigger and the candle holder shatter. After all was said and done I had wax all over the tray, pieces of glass everywhere and a horrible smell in my new place.

To make things worse, I screamed like a little girl while I was on the phone with my cell phone provider. I will say, that was the best service I have ever had from Cingular, she had to call me back several times to take care of the issue and each time she asked me if I was okay and if my place had stopped smelling. Because of this I am nominating Alex Mendoza with Cingular for Best Customer Support of the Year.

And yes, the smell is gone. It is now safe to come and visit me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. I am laughing my socks on the tragedy you had to go through. The screaing like a girl part was hilarlious. But I am glad you had an alarm going off. Otherwise, it would have been worse than it already was.

I am sorry about the table but you survived! And I think you need a masculine husband to take care of those things. :-) Happy Pre-Christmas week!

Just Me said...

Shigeki -
I agree with you, I need a strong, handsome, masculine husband to take care of these sort of things(I added the strong and handsome part).

All -
I want to include a disclaimer -
I am not legaly held responsible if your house burns down as a result of me giving or you taking candles from me this weekend. By you taking the candles you have alse accepted full responsability of any future accidents they may cause.

Anonymous said...

Suh-weet. You rock. -SM