Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I don't mean to brag

but although I never cook I am pretty good at it. My friend Kathy and I meet at my place for lunch about once a week. Normally we order food but last night I decided I wanted to cook lunch for us. So I started cooking and it turned out delicious. I baked pork marinated in lemon and basil/cilantro, I also made some couscous, and some rice pilaf. So today we met at my place for lunch and we had a wonderful lunch with great food and even better company. True to our tradition, Kathy brought the dessert, an Italian cake from Neimans. I don't mean to brag but the pork was heavenly...the couscous was divine...and the rice pilaf was so so.

One of these days I may cook for you :)

On a side note: Thanks for your help Joey Destino. I can now insert hyperlinks without appearing as if I had meant to do bullet points. Check out his website, great pictures but even better stories. (I am still trying to figure out who HSNB is.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so brilliant that you cook *heavenly* I always admire people who love cooking. oh, 2 hours more to go until Lunch time here in Tokyo but I am starting to get hungry already.... What a killer post. :-)

You have a good evening!

KB said...

Holy Crap! Now I know what you're doing on Joey's website! He's got hot pictures! ;o)

You know what I'd like to know. How do I change the backgroud of my blogspot so it's not so boring???

Just Me said...

Shigeki - I think I cook heavenly. Nobody else has ever told me that. :)
I enjoy to cook for others but I rarely do it because I would just cook for myself. Tonight I am cooking again but this time I will be having dinner with my television.

KB - I know...aren't those men gorgeous? Did you read the site? It has some really good stories.

joey said...

Okay ya'll are giving me a swelled head.

Ummm. Yeah. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. You are quite welcome. And you reminded me I really should do a little catch-up panel for people so they know who is who. HSNB = Hot Straight Neighbor Boy.

Just Me said...

Joey - HSNB Makes sense now. I need to go back and read some more of the archives to be up to date on all of the stories.

Have a safe and Happy Holiday!