Thursday, December 08, 2005

Winter Mess

What would you have done if you didn't have to work today?

All week the weather reporters have been forecasting a winter nightmare with sleet and snow covering our streets. It was suppose to happen yesterday and we I was hopeing for the worst but all we got was some sleet that didn't stick and cold weather. Normally when it snows or sleet in Dallas/Fort Worth the city is shut down and hardly anybody has to go to work. I wanted to take the day to rest and read a good book but instead I am at work. I did wake up late though, I decided I would take an extra hour of sleep just in case it was bad and I didn't have to come to work but living a few minutes away from work doesn't give you much of an excuse.

I hope you guys enjoy your day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry the weather didn't suck (hahaha) But you are a diligent diligent worker. If I were you, I'd e-mail my boss two hours prior to the time when I was supposed to be there and go shopping. :-) I sometimes do that. It's my little secret. :-)

Just Me said...

I won't tell anyone about your secret :)
I would much rather be shopping today. There is nobody here and I have nothing to do so I am catching up on stuff that I have been ignoring.

I do get to go shopping this weekend. One of my friends works for Neimans and they get a big employee discont this weekend so we are going there and there is also a furniture sample sale so we are going to check that out. I don't need anything but I am sure I will end up going home with stuff that I don't need.

Anonymous said...

Guess what? I was at home curled up on the couch sans baby! Woo hoo! A REAL day off. -SM