Friday, December 16, 2005

My Friends are Drunks

Last night there was a holiday/anniversary get together at Havana for the non profit that I use to be the president of. My friend Chico and I were only planning on staying there for a little while because we had other things to do but one thing led to another and next thing you know it is midnight and we are still there. I was planning on taking a cab home because I rode with Chico but his roommate took me home at a little past midnight while the rest of the crazy kids stayed behind and kept partying.

Around 9 a.m. this morning I sent three of the guys that stayed till the end a text message and this is how the conversation went:
Me: I drank to much. I may still be drunk.
Friend 1: I ha8 life right now.
Friend 2: Me 2 i am home rt now.
Friend 3: Oh me too. Just waking up.

I had a 2 hour meeting with my boss and I kept thinking...I am going to throw up, I am going to throw up. Luckily I made it out of there without throwing up but I almost fell asleep in her office.

I have a BIG decision to make this weekend and I was planning on thinking and drinking my weekend away but after last night I decided to speed up the decision making process and avoid the alcohol.

I am not as young as I use to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's not a good excuse. What does that make me??? People keep saying they are old while they are younger than I am. (T_T)

When you go drinking next time,
make sure you drink something like Yogurut, Milk, or cheese.

When you are done with drinking, make sure you take amino acid. It's scientifically proved and cheap. :-) I wrote about it somewhere....

here

Have a great weekend!

KB said...

I hate it when you realize you're not as young as you used to be. Obviously you know my right of passage from my blog about Darin's 30th birthday. It really sucks when your body doesn't recover as well as it used to. :o( It's very sad. I want to cry just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Borrachos! But we love you anyway.
-SM

Just Me said...

Shigeki - I am going to put your advise into good use over the holiday season. I am sure I will be doing a lot of drinking. And if it makes you feel better (younger) I no longer feel old. :) That day everything was just spinning out of control.

KB - You are a drinker! I have been drinking with you and you can drink more than anyone I know so for you to say you had to much means you had A LOT.

SM - We are young....childless...we need to enjoy ourselves :) You should leave your husband and your daughter at home one day and go partying with us :)