Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Unpacking Sucks

How long did it take you to completely move in to your current place? And by completely I mean how long did it take you to unpack all of your boxes and place everything where it belongs?

I think it is going to take me months. I am to busy in the afternoons to unpack anything so I am going to have to do it over the next few weekend. Every time I open a new box I take the stuff out and I put everything on the kitchen table and I pray and hope that by the time I get home the little elves would have put all of my stuff up. Do you remember the story of the elves that made shoes while the shoemaker and his wife slept? What was it called? Well, that is exactly what I want, minus the
  • shoes
  • . Actually, if they made me
  • shoes
  • I would probably be happier...I can worry about arranging my stuff later. Once I am done decorating I will post some pictures.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hahaha. that's so cute of you.

    You know the most effective way to get rid of all the boxes? Just open everything and get the contents out and put all of them on the floor. So you have no where you can set a foot.

    I know it sounds pretty overwhelming but I find it the fastest way to get organized. Really. :-)

    Good luck!

    Anonymous said...

    I've been in my place for almost 4 years and there's still stuff in boxes out in the garage. Take it one step at a time. I think this is a great opportunity to take stock and question whether or not you really need all the stuff you've accumulated. This is the perfect time to get rid of the clutter and simplify things. --SM

    Just Me said...

    I decided yesterday that I am just going to leave everything in boxes and when I have my house warming party I can have people take my stuff as party gifts. That could work...

    I agree with Dark Soul, I have been there for a week, I will leave some things in the boxes and if I don't use them over the next 6 months then I don't need them and I can donate them to charity.

    There are a lot of boxes that i do want though like my books and my kitchen stuff so I am going to take Shigeki's suggestion and just unpack everything and then put it where it belongs. It might be the thing I am looking for.
    It is suppose to snow/ice here this evening, maybe I can stay home tomorrow and organize my house a little better.