Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tough Week

It's been a tough week for me, I know it is only Wednesday but it has been rough.

It isn't anything in particular, or it could be everything in general. All I know is that for some reason I am just an emotional mess.

I have been working out regularly, so that is good. I have been waking up at 5 or 5:30 to go to the gym every day this week. I am going to try doing that for a while. Partly because I don't have time to go in the afternoons and partly because I feel some changes coming in my life.

All of the working out hasn't really paid off because I have been eating out way to much. The whole diet thing isn't really working. On Monday we took a co-worker to La Duni to welcome him to the department. For dessert I had their warm milk chocolate cake pudding, it is sinfully delicious.

All day on Tuesday I had a craving for fried chicken. Which is weird because I don't normally like fried chicken. So on my way home from yoga class I decided to stop at Brothers Fried Chicken. It is suppose to be the best friend chicken in town and I can see why. I had their chicken breast with fries, jalapenos, pickles, and bread. It was so good that I can taste it just writing about it.

And today...today I was a complete mess. I was so tired and so emotionally drained that I just wanted to go home and crawl under the covers. But instead I met one of my friends at Fuse for drinks and sushi. It was great just being able to talk to her about my problems.

I have been talking to my friend from college about my problems but it was nice to get a woman's perspective. Life is hard, and it seems like it doesn't get easier as we get older. But nobody promised me a rose garden, right?

There has been a lot of good news this week though. (Focus on the positive.)

My college friend is moving in with his boyfriend of 2 years. I am so excited for him. And he just got a dog :)

My friend has an interview for a job she wants. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

I turned in one of my assignments that is due tomorrow!

My sisters surprise b-day party is on Friday! I can't wait, great food, live music, and lots of family!

My friends daughter started saying "mommy"!

I received a random email from a friend telling me he loves me!

The weather has been great these last few days!

Focus on the positive!

3 comments:

ENVY said...

Oh i love you to...

Martinez Family said...

Hang in there, baby! You know I'm always sending good vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

Think of it this way. What would happen if you didn't work out at all and ate the same things? :-) see, it's paid off. :-)

Hang in there.