Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Post 2 - Dinner, Drinks, Friends, and Cheating Boyfriends

I met up with two of my friends from high school on Tuesday. Actually, we weren't really friends in high school but we worked together so we knew each other. We became friends our last year of school. We really didn't hang out around the same group of people so we never saw each other at school.

We just caught up on our lives, we haven't seen each other in about 8 years so it was nice to just talk and have a few drinks. It is funny what people remember and what people choose to forget. We would all bring up different things we use to do but the others wouldn't remember. It was fun though.

One of the girls has been dating a guy for a month and a half and she was telling me about him. The more she told me about him the more suspicious I got about the guy. Here are the clues:
1. Dating a month and a half
2. Has a son
3. Hasn't invited her over to his place
4. Hasn't introduced her to any of his friends
5. Always calls her at the same time
6. Goes days without calling her without an explanation

So I am convinced he is married. He has to be, all of the signs are there. Do you agree or am I being paranoid?

I feel bad for even mentioning it but what if he is really married? It started out as a joke but the more she told us that more convinced I became he is either married or has a girlfriend.

She is not convinced he is married but we told her to keep her eyes open. I may have just ruined her relationship.

3 comments:

KB said...

It's possible. But I don't think from the clues that that is the case. Men are weird sometimes. They like their privacy. If they haven't decided to be serious, there is no need to be so suspicious. Yet. Plus, since there is a kid involved, many people don't want to bring people around until they know they are going to be around for a while, so the kid doesn't get all messed up with all the women in and out of it's life.

That's my two cents.

Earl said...

Unless he's calling during the little one's nap time....there's probably a wife.

Martinez Family said...

I think you're suspicions are dead on. Even if a wife isn't in the picture, there are enough cues there that should point girlfriend in the opposite direction--away from this guy.

Who are these high school chums anyway? Anybody I know?