Thursday, September 14, 2006

New Music Friday & I am hooked

New Music Friday

Do you know Sergio Mendes? He is an artist from Brazil and he recently collaborated with the Black Eyed Peas and other artist. The song with the Black Eyed Peas is called Mas que nada, watch the video.

Are you familiar with Fado? It is a genre of music from Portugal. I couldn't find my favorite artist but I did find a video of Amalia Rodriguez on you tube. Check it out.


I love this style of music because it sounds so sad, you can almost hear the tears in their voice.


I am hooked
My mom was here last week and she watches novela's (soap operas but in Spanish). She was here for a week and I got hooked on one of the novelas. The acting is good, the story line is great, and I can't stop watching it. I make sure I am home by 8 p.m. to watch it.

Here are some pictures here of Barrera de Amor, some of the guys are kind of hot.

4 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Now you'll have something to discuss with my suegra. Gawd, she LOVES her novelas. She high-tails it home by 6 p.m. so she can watch them.

Anonymous said...

I don't like new music fridays. Maybe you could do like, "new boyfriend fridays" Now, that'd be interesting! You could dish about the new hottie in your life.

Anonymous said...

hi there

its sue's mom dropping in to say hi again. hot here today,about 26C.thats about84F for you. hot for me.went to the zoo. sue is working. went and walked on the beach yesterday. there were people in bathing suits. its late here for that but it was hot. we had a horrible august and now its nice.
bye for now. carol

ENVY said...

Hey u...
Hope your fine..im cool...

If im not mistaken the guy mendez u were talking about came here a few years ago and made a concert in one of our international festivals...

I loved the video ur showing...sad but nice

nv