Thursday, September 07, 2006

I am paying for what?

I opened my cell phone bill and I had a $20 charge for text messaging. I text message a lot but I purchased an option that gives me what I thought was unlimited text messaging. So I was a little surprised.

I called my service provider and they informed me that I only get 200 text messages and I am being charged .10 cents for every text message after the first 200.

On top of that, they told me I am also being charged for every message someone else sends me. Can you believe that? I couldn't. I can understand if they charge me for something I am in control of but not for something someone else is doing.

I called and complained but I only got credit for this pay period. So, stop text messaging me :)

1 comment:

KB said...

That's crazy. I am paying for unlimited text messages, so that'd piss me off if they then told me, oh, we meant unlimited until you reach 200.

I only ever use my text messages, but once in a blue moon. I'm thinking about canceling it. Why pay for it if I don't use it to it's fullest potential? Even though I just went into my online account, and apparently I have to call to cancel it because they don't give me the option online! Even though I can add services online! What bastards.