Saturday, July 29, 2006

I am HOT...cont

I have someone here right now trying to fix my air conditioner. Funny story - the guys that were here yesterday were fixing the wrong unit. Not entirely their fault since the unit was mislabeled but they should have figured that out...this guy did.

They have to replace the motor and the blades and it could cost a couple of thousand dollars. I am not sure if the insurance is going to cover it yet. The repair guy is trying to get pricing on all of the parts and on a new unit. I will need to call the insurance and negotiate with them...I want them to cover it all :)

Whatever happens I will need to pay for all of it out of my pocket and then have the insurance reimburse me since I decided to use my own repair person and not their incompetent vendors. They also won't be able to fix it today since they have to order the parts I need.

Keep your fingers crossed...hopefully I won't have to pay anything out of pocket.

3 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Oh gawd, C. How awful. I was hoping they'd have it fixed by now. You're welcome to come on over. Not sure how much sleep you'd get, though. Little One has been giving me such a bad time about going to sleep. It's been a helluva ordeal.

KB said...

I hate stupid people. Didn't the first idiots notice how hot your fricken condo was?! Bastards.

Knowing you you will get your way with the insurance. You'll just argue with them until they are tired of hearing from you, and they will cave. You're good at that! I should put you on some projects I need to get done.

Just Me said...

SM - it was awful. You dont' know how glad I am that it is now fixed.

KB - I did get my way :)