Sunday, July 16, 2006

Note to Self

Dear Self,
Next time you want to go out and stay out all night remember, you are 28, not 18.
Your body would appreciate it.

*******************************************
It was a busy weekend, as always. I had a thing to go to on Friday and I stayed there until midnight, everyone else left around 10 and the host, his friend and I just hanged out and talked. It was fun, but I should have gone home at 10.

Saturday I ran around all day with my family. When I got home I was so tired but I decided to go out anyway. I didn't get to bed until 5 am and I had plans on Sunday morning. My body hates me right now, and I don't blame it.

Sunday, I went and had dim sum with the guys from Friday night. Then I went home and took a 2 hour nap. It was good, but not long enough. Later that day Chico came over and we had dinner and just caught up. It was nice. We also went to see The Devil Wear Prada, again. It was my second time, Chico's third time. But the other guy that went with us hadn't seen it. I love that movie, it is very funny. Go see it.


New phrases I may start using:
1. Bye, Have SEX!
Overheard in the cab ride on Saturday night on our way to the bars.
This is going to be my new goodbye.

2. Would you like to try my root?
Me to Chico while having dinner. Jicama is a vegetalbe similar to a potatoe common in central america.

3. You don't deserve that. You eat carbs!
From the movie The Devil Wears Prada.

4 comments:

porchmouse said...

Nice lines! Sometimes it's still fun to stay out all night and pretend to be 18 eh?

No tornados after all but the warning was fun while it lasted. I love extreme weather but most of ours normally consists of snow (in the winter).

Much to early again for me today...one more week left of this shift. :(

Martinez Family said...

You are a glutton for punishment. But I love ya anyway.

KB said...

Your totally hilarious! That note to self. Yes, I've had days like that where my body is unfogiving of what I did to it the night before.

I read the book, it was good, so now that they turned it into a movie, I'm totally curious. I already feel connected to it because I read the book and I'm in the fashion industry. But because darin doesn't want to see it, I haven't yet. Maybe I'll go see it on my own during the week sometime.

Anonymous said...

My new favorite line is:
"Someone is a dirty little fun-haver"
from Failure to Launch