Friday, July 28, 2006

I am HOT!

No, really. I am hot!
My air conditioner is still not working. The repair people came over today to fix it.

12:45 - They arrive
1:00 - I was informed my a/c was working
1:02 - it stopped working
1:30 - the a/c repair guys said they had to leave and work on someone else's a/c
1:31 - I refused to pay them

It wasn't a good time for anyone. Apparently Camelot employs idiots who don't know how to find a relay box. Now, my a/c is still not working and I have already made two calls to family and friends to see if I can spend the weekend with them.

I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company because they are upset that I refused to pay their incompetent vendors. Now they may refuse to send someone else out.

I have a headache...not sure if it is the heat or the fact that I had to skip lunch to go wait for these idiots.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read the article how brutal it is over there in the States. I mean the summer heat. I am very sorry to hear that. I think it was the right thing to do that you didn't wanna pay. I wouldn't either. I hope you will be in an airconditioned room pretty soon though :-(

porchmouse said...

Yikes. That is not good. You could be dehydrated so drink plenty of water, or have a daiquiri. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

hi there

I am sue's mom and I enjoy hearing about you. i hate the heat too. we have downsized and live in an apt. kind of like a townhouse. 1st. or 2nd. floor. we are on #2. it gets mighty hot. but we have a big trailer at the beach which has a/c. the water is 1/2 mile down the road. so we go there daily. it takes us 25 mins. to get from our door to the trailer. not far.bautiful sandy beaches. just like fla. or texas. sue's brother went to padre island one time on spring break when he was in univ. in ontario.look up on or google Shediac N. B. canada, thats the where our beaches are or Ocean Surf Trailer Park in Shediac NB CANADA. that will tell you about our area. hear from you later. Carol

KB said...

Good for you for not paying! Remember when my air conditioner stopped working when I lived there? The stupid guy told me not to change the temperature gauge. I was like, "I'm not changing it". They came back three times to fix my air, then I brought them my electric bill and told them I wanted them to pay it because it was their fault it was so high b/c my air kept running". They didnt' pay my electric, but they did completely replace my airconditioner unit. It kept freezing up. The new one never gave me any issues.

Just Me said...

Shigeki - My a/c is back and running. I am so glad b/c it was so hot.

Sue - Thanks Sue. Alcohol helps :)

Hi Sue's Mom - Thanks for reading my blog. I am sure being close to the beaches helps a lot with the weather. The ocean breeze always helps cool off.

KB - Yea, I remember...way back then. Can you believe we have known each other for that long?