Sunday, July 09, 2006

These Boots Were Meant for Walking



I said I wasn't going out this weekend but I couldn't help it. I went to a birthday party and I ended up drinking a little to much and then going to the gay bars after. Since I wasn't planning on being out late I wore my boots. I love these boots but I don't get to wear them often because they hurt my feet. I have had them since April of 2005 and I have only worn them 4 times because they are just not very comfortable but they look so good. How can women wear uncomfortable shoes all day?

At the b-day party I learned I am an asshole. I was talking to a guy I met about a year and a half ago at another party. We run into each other at the bars or at other get-togethers every so often but we never really get to talk to much. Apparently he has been after me for over a year and every time he calls me I tell him how busy I am and how I won't be able to get coffee or have lunch with him for a few weeks and ask him to call me later. Every time I tell him this he gets discouraged. As he was telling me this I felt like an asshole. I am sure he thinks I am a pretentious little bitch. So I did what I do best, I made a joke out of it. I ran into him at the bars later that night and he was getting a bit to fresh with me so I quickly put a stop to that. I don't like him in a sexual way.

Which kind of ties in with a conversation I had with my sort-of-ex in the afternoon. He called yesterday but I was on my way to the Taste of Dallas so we couldn't talk. Anyway, the conversation turned into who we were dating, why we are not dating, and so on. Apparently he thinks I am way to picky (and I agree) and we had a good two hour conversation about relationships. He gives good advice.

4 comments:

porchmouse said...

Those boots kick ass! They look fantastic. I take the easy way out. Birkenstock sandals in the summer and Birk clogs in the winter. I have one pair of funky shoes that I can wear to something formal if need be. Terrible terrible but comfort is a must for me. A few people I work with wear shoes a la Carrie Bradshaw and I do not know how they handle it.

Martinez Family said...

I never sacrifice comfort for fashion. Never!

Anonymous said...

Well, fabulous shoes or boots aren't comfy usually. My Prada shoes are always killing my feet but I love them because they are fantabulous. :-)

I'd love to know how picky you are. :-) Have a wonderful week

Just Me said...

Sue - When I am alone in the office i wear these really comfortable mules. They are not very pretty but they are so comfortable.
I don't know how women can wear heals. They just look painful.

SM - Good for you SM!

Shigeki - You are right, fabulous shoes are not suppose to be comfortable. I just need to drink more when I wear these boots or I need to take a pain pill before I wear them :) j/k.
Do you really want to know how picky I am? I think people would start to hate me if they knew what I look for/pick at with men.

Laura - Thanks. I love them but they are not very comfortable.