Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Progress

I had an appointment with the fitness coordinator at my gym this morning. I wanted to get a confirmation that all of my hard work at the gym has been paying off.

I was a little disappointed with the results! After several months I have only lost 12 lbs., I went down 4 inches in my waist, and my body fat has decreased. But the measurements on the rest of my body haven't really changed much. My bicep, thighs, chest, etc have gone up a little, so little in fact that it is hardly noticeable.

So I either need to quit working out or I need to make some changes to my workout and my eating habits. I have chosen to make changes to my workout and eating habits. I don't eat badly; I just don't eat the right things so I have an appointment to meet with a nutritionist. Those of you who thought I was a food Nazi before better be prepared. I am officially starting a healthy diet (after I finish my chorizo, egg, and potato burrito)!

I am also going to cut back on the amount of alcohol I consume. If I cut back to about half of the alcohol I consume I can probably loose a few lbs. So...no more happy hours (every day), no more going out every weekend and drinking, no more!

In two months I will go back to get a reassessment and I better see some drastic changes.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on dude, You have achieved a great accomplishment there. 4 inch down? That's a lot. But you are more motivated now (I hope you finished that burrito by now).

No more drinking every weekend? That's gotta be hard. Instead of beers, sweet cocktails, I'd totally recommend whiskey or vodka. I switched my drinking habit and it seems to be working pretty well. Vodka has less carbs :-) Good luck!

Martinez Family said...

Uh, what???

From your report it seems like you've made fantastic progress. 12 friggin pounds??? You know how much I would LOVE to lose that much weight???

I'm sure the additional changes you're talking about (particularly cutting down on drinking) will help. But, fer cryin' out loud, let's accentuate the positives here!

porchmouse said...

First of all, be proud of what you have accomplished. Wanting to do more is fine but don't forget about what you have already done! I think changes to diet are a great idea. I am doing the same thing week (and hoping to continue). Plus we're trying to add more cardio at the gym. I find this is a good time of year to try and make some changes b/c it's too bloody hot to cook comfort food and fruits and veggies are more readily available. Keep us posted on your progress!

Topher said...

Umm, wishin you luck!! I'd say that's been good so far though, 4 inches off of your waist in a few months... Just give it a little more time for the rest, k?

Maybe one day I'd be as disciplined as you are. I heard cutting back on alcohol really does help a lot. You'll be fine though, Ces

Just Me said...

Shigeki - I did finish my burrito and it was good :)
I am going to try to stick with vodka and diet 7up. Nice, simple drink. And less calories. :)

SM - Yes, it is good. But it has also been 4 months. I just thought I had lost more.

Sue - You are so right. I am one of those Immediate results type of people. But 12 lbs is really good.

Kris - Cutting back on alcohol is going to be hard. Not that I am an alcoholic or anything :)