Sunday, July 18, 2004

Weekend Adventures

It was an interesting weekend. I took the GMAT on Saturday morning and I did not do as well as I had hoped so I decided to go out that night and drown my sorrows.
My test was in Denton so I had to leave my house at 6:30 to get there on time. There was hardly anyone on the road at that time so it was very quiet and peaceful. I turned the radio off and it felt a little weird. I felt very "little" in the grand scheme of things. It was a very good opportunity to think and reflect on decisions I have made and things I want to accomplish. I decided to take more early morning drives to the middle of nowhere more often and just think.  On the way back I decided to call my friend Tomas, we decided to go shopping so I picked him up. We ended up just driving around and going to different places. It was a lot of fun, we have not been hanging out a lot lately. Mostly because he has been out town a lot lately visiting a guy he is kind of dating in Detroit but there has been some friction between us lately. I am not sure what it is but sometimes I feel he is more critical of me than I am of myself. Sometimes I feel judged, but I am sure it is all in my head. He is a great guy and we always have fun together. We ended up going to a few places and we had fun.
 
Later that night my friend Fernando met me at my house to go to Chico's house. We were going to be meeting Ivan, his roommate, Leo, Ashish, and Seyd out at the gay bars. Chico, Fernando, and I went to the Village first because they are going to be closing it for a few months before they re-open as "Our Place" or some other crapy name like that. I ran into my old friend Dwayne and we talked for a bit, as I was getting ready to leave he gives me some good scoop about my friend "Horacio"  and his boyfriend. Apparently his b/f is cheating on him, something we have suspected for a long time and the reason why they broke up the first time, and just with him for the money. It was crazy, now I am debating whether I should tell "Horacio" or keep out of it. Any suggestions? "Horacio" and I have been friends for like 6 years and I don't want to see him get used. But I feel like he already knows what is going on but is turning the blind eye. I don't want to bring it up and him not believe me. Anyway, we will see how this plays out.
 
I ran into Kolon (sp?) at TMC, he is a guy that I use to have in my Spanish classes but we never really talked to much. I always thought he hated me because he use to give me some bad looks so I never made the attempt to be friendly with him. Since we graduated I have seen him out and about a few times here and there but he told me on Saturday that he will be moving to Minnesota (I loose another friend to that damn state!!!). I will definitely miss running into him. The funny thing is that I didn't even know his name until Saturday but every time we run into each other we are very excited to see each other. Strange, I know. I am going to try to get his contact information so that I can keep in touch with him. He is an interesting guy.
 
I didn't drink that much that night but for some reason the alcohol really got to me. Maybe I am just getting older. I felt fine when I woke up on Sunday morning but after about an hour of being awake I started to feel really bad. I ended up staying the whole day asleep which is very unusual for me. I would break out into cold chills and sweats. It was horrible. I don't think it was the alcohol because I didn't drink that much but it was definitely something.
 
When I finally woke up (around 5) I got up and went to my friend Sarah and Willis house. They were grilling hamburgers and invited me over. Their baby has been sick for the last few days so the baby was crying a lot. Hopefully the doctor will be able to give them something tomorrow to help her get over whatever she has.
 
That is it for my weekend.

No comments: