Monday, June 21, 2004

The weekend

It was an interesting weekend.
On Friday I was my freinds +1 of 2 to a company thing he had to go to. The even it self was fun, it was like a "Who's Who" of gayville. The event was open bar so that made it even better, I don't think I would have been able to endure this event without the help of alcohol. I really do not like being in a room with that many gay people while they are all judging you and comenting on your hair, clothes, and shoes.
My friend had to go and mingle with the people since it was the company he works for that was putting on this event so I had the opportunity to speak with +2 of 2 (also known as Valley Boy or Nice Ass by others). We had met many times before but we had never had the opportunity to actually have a conversation and I found him to be a decent guy. He is actually a nice guy and is as normal as the rest of us. We had a good conversation about relationships and A LOT to drink.

After the event we decided to hit the bars and I had a blast. We hit a few of our regular bars and we went to all of the bars that we have always wanted to go to but were to afraid to try.
First stop was JR's and on the way there I ran into a girl named Kelly that I use to hang out with years ago. It was very uncomfortable.
Next we went to Havana and the drinks there were expensive so we probably won't be going there again.
Next on our Tour of Gay Dallas was The Metro. Metro is a gay black bar, we have always wanted to go but we were always to afraid so we decided to go tonight. Unfortunately we choose Lady's night so there weren't that many guys there so we have decided to go back another weekend when there are more people there.
Our fourth stop was ast the Eagle. The leather bar. I know what you are thinking but it wasn't as bad as you would have thought. I was actually a bit disapointed. +2 of 2 and I were both wearing business casual clothing since we had come from the company event so we did not fit in as well as we would have liked to so we did get a lot of looks. I did see some assless chaps but other than that it was pretty normal.
Next we headed to the Male Box. The dancers were cute but it was a bit trashy for my taste.
Our last stop on our night out was Kaliente. This is always a great place but that night the music was especially bad. We were only there for about 20 minutes and we went to dinner/breakfast at Victors Taqueria.

My neice got married on Saturday so I did the family thing for a while on Saturday night. Everytime I get around my extended family I feel so uncomfortable. I did get to see my aunt who I have not seen in a few months so that was great.

Ohh, my sister had a baby on Friday so I am an uncle again. He was a huge baby, 8 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches long. He is the cutest little thing.

That is all I have for now.

4 comments:

maria said...

youre are soooo the eagle type. that will become your new place. i know it.

Just Me said...

I love that place. I love to wear my assless chaps, and leather boots. J/K. I can't see myself wearing that.

Just Me said...

Sarah, you are so silly!!!
Not everything I say is atributed to my gayness.

You know how when you RSVP for an event you have to put down how many guest you are brining? Well, Chico brought two guest. I was guest 1, the other guy was guest 2. So I was 1 of 2, and he was 2 of 2.
It is just me being silly I guess.

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.