Wednesday, June 09, 2004

the following has been submitted by a guestwriter.

i enjoy checking this site out regularly. the one thing i think is truly unique is cesar’s restaurant choices on the side bar. one additional recommendation...
today i visited grill 400, a locally owned restaurant in dallas. this was my second visit, and a more enjoyable one. the grill, where most items are grilled, is quite the trendy little place in oak cliff. surprised? dont be. you walk in and you can immediately tell you'll love the place. if youre lucky, youll get to sit in the back section; this will allow you to take a close look at the art pieces along the walls. and go ahead and stop to look at the details in the art. most people do. also, feel free to use the crayons provided. recommended plates: salmon (about $16; lunch specials start at $7.)
with that being said, a friend of mine has decided to get married. this is a good thing. it may be a bit early for him to be doing this (he is currently in med school), but hes intelligent and knows what hes doing. and im sure he realizes it may be tough. i met him, mike, during my first semester of grad school. i had known his brother for a long time, so mike and i quickly became very good friends. hes very smart, athletic, and generous (and straight). it didnt take me long to fall for him. no-he never lead me on, or gave me mixed signals. he was just himself. and a very good friend. it was hard for me to return the friendship because of how i felt. the feelings lasted a while. and some may still linger. but i dont always think with my heart. i know whats there and what isnt. he isnt. and thats okay. ive learned to be a better friend to him during the past two years. and he knows that. ive never held on to the idea of us. but on the same note, ive liked the feelings i had. as shitty as they may have been at times.
when he told me of the ring, i stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. then he asked if i wasnt happy for him. of course i was. i am. shes good to him. still, its a little sad, you know. its hard to explain how you sometimes have to suck it up. sometimes, swallowing that knot in your throat works for the best. doing it tho, made me realize what im looking for. im so ready for something like that. and with time, itll happen. when i was at his brother’s wedding last year, i truly felt like i could be that happy one day. as laid back, and fun, and drunk as the groom was, you could clearly see a feeling of security in him and his wife. i think mike is ready for that. and i know i want to be.
this is more personal than i usually get. i cant write about this on my site, so, thanks cesar, for letting me do this.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

There are times when I go days without posting an entry, when this happens I will have someone make an entry to my blog. Thanks for the idea.

I know how you feel about your friend getting married. Most of my straight freinds are either married or getting married. Oh, thanks again for being my "date" for the wedding this coming weekend. My neice is getting married the following weekend, are you fre then? J/K. I won't torture you with two weddings in one month.
Anyway, you are such a GREAT guy, I am sure you will find someone soon. You just need to make your self more available. This weekend when we go out our main goal will be to find the perfect man for you. But he has to be perfect.