Thursday, June 17, 2004

Laredo

My trip to Laredo was very productive. We got a lot accomplished on the first day we were there so we did not have any meetings on Tuesday.
Our meetings were not over until late in the evening on Monday so by the time we crossed the border most of the shops and little markets were already closed. Everything, except the bars, close at 8 p.m. in the Nuevo Laredo side. We were able to find a liquor store and we each bought a bottle of tequila.

The next day we woke up early and left the hotel around 8:30 to start our day of shopping. My co-worker just got a new apartment and she was looking for plates and other kitchen accessories in the bright blues and reds. We went to so many shops looking for these things and finally we found something in the Nuevo Laredo side. We also found another great deal on tequila, we went to this little shop a few blocks from the main street and the tequila was really cheap so we had to buy more bottles. I think I have enough liquor to last me the rest of the year.

Our flight got delayed for almost 4 hours so we were stuck in the airport for all of that time. We were both very tired so we were not the most pleasant people to be around with. At one point I got locked out of the airport, after we were notified of our flight delay I wanted to go downstairs to the ONLY store in the airport and when I tried to come back up I was told they were going to be closing the gates and I would have to wait for 40 minutes until the gate workers came back up. To top it all off the Laredo International Airport did not have running water in the restrooms. It was a crazy few hours. I finally got home and I was so tired that I just wanted to get to bed.

That is all I have...Unfortunately I don't have anything exciting to report.

2 comments:

maria said...

i hate laredo. dirtiest city ive ever seen.

Just Me said...

It isn't so bad. It is just very small and everything seems to be very cheap down there.
I think I picked up Malaria, the Rio Grande Virus, or a bad cold while I was down there.