Friday, June 18, 2004

Thursday

Thursday was an extremely nerve racking day. I was fine for most of the day until I was asked if I was nervous about meeting up with my ex and that is when the nerves kicked in.
I really thought he was going to cancel on me again and at 5:03 he called to tell me he was running late and would not be there until 6 p.m.
We met up at our old coffee shop and we talked for two hours. There wasn't a moment of awkwardness, for the most part it was just two people having coffee and catching up on what has been going on in their lives for the past year. I felt really comfortable with him and at times it felt as if nothing had changed. But so many things have changed. A lot has been going on in his life and we had a chance to catch up on that.
After our time was up I went home feeling very relaxed and happy. Even if we don't see each other again I am left with a good feeling and I think that is all I needed.

No comments: