Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Weekend Update

So much has happened since my last post, I can already tell this is going to be a long one.

Antonio (the ex):
I have decided not to call him after all. I am not saying that I don’t love him all of a sudden, not at all. What I am saying is that I thought about all of the good times we had and I thought about all of the bad times we had and it would be a very unwise choice to try to go back to the situation I had before. Don’t get me wrong, he is a great guy he is just not the best guy for me.

The weekend.
I took Friday off and a couple of friends and I drove to Houston for the long weekend and we had such a great time. We met some really great guys from Dallas while we were in Houston, something that we can’t seem to do when we are in Dallas. The three guys from Dallas (we will call them Rene, Brian, and Max) are absolutely great, they are fun, normal, and exciting. I will definitely be hanging out with them in the near future.
We also met some guy from Houston, Dwayne, James, John, and the OH so beautiful, OH so funny, and OH so HOT Adrian (give me a second while my heart skips a beat).

We got there on Friday around 3 p.m. after I got us lost for almost an hour and a half. It was my duty to print directions to the hotel and I got directions to the wrong place. We ended up driving about 1.5 hours out of the way. I know….It was all my fault and I heard about it ALL weekend. We didn’t want to go out to the bars that night because we had plans to get up around 4:30ish to go see a psychic so we just went to the movies and saw DAY AFTER TOMORROW. This is a must see movie. I liked it a lot.

Saturday we went to the psychic and afterwards we picked up Fernando’s friend Rene and went shopping. At first sight Rene seemed very queeny and very snobby but once you get to know him he is a great guy. I had a small crush on him for a day or so. After shopping we go back to the hotel and take a nap because we are all exhausted. We decide to meet Rene and his friend/boyfriend at the bars. When we get there we meet Max, a slightly more mature (mid 30’s), less outgoing person, but he is still a lot of fun. They introduce us to their friends Brian and Dwayne. Brian now lives in Dallas but is originally from Houston. We had a great time on Saturday night, I drank a lot, we didn’t dance at all, and we all fell in love with Brian. Brian has a great body, he probably works out every day of the week. Not only does he have a great body he also has a great personality and is extremely outgoing. After the clubs Rene, Max, and my group head over to Ruchis for an early breakfast.

On Sunday we were invited to a BBQ at Dwayne’s house so we decide to go and hang out with them for a while. We get there and there and everyone from the night before was there so it was very comfortable. There were a few other people there and they were all very cool and down to earth. About 20 minutes after we get there I hear through the gayvine that Brian thinks I am cute. I don’t really pay to much attention to this rumor because I figured my friend who told me had just misunderstood or was taking his comments out of context. I go about my business and Brian and I end up talking for a while. Not in a romantic sort of way but just talking and getting to know each other. After the bbq we end up going back to the hotel and taking a nap because we are going to be going to the bars around 7. The bars were packed for a Sunday night, I have come to the conclusion that Houstonians are a bunch of DRUNKS!! I love them!!!
We meet up with everyone and after a few drinks I end up talking to Brian again, did I mention he is hot? Again not romantically just talking.
About 20 minutes later the most beautiful black man I have ever seen walks over in my direction, gives me a smile and starts talking to me. His name is Adrian he is 26 and he is just perfect. Absolutely perfect. Great smile, great personality, and beautiful. We talk for a while and then his friend comes over and talks to me. Had I not known that Brian was interested in me I would have left with Adrian and had our own fun somewhere else. Anyway, once Adrian walked away it gave Brian the courage to tell me he was interested in me. All it took was someone else showing an interest but he told me. By this time I don’t even know how many drinks we have had but we have been drinking since 7 and it was probably around 10. The drinks just kept coming, I don’t know who was paying for them but I had a drink in my hand at all times.
We decide to leave the bar we were in and walk across the street to a second bar, once there Brian’s best friend Dwayne pulls me aside and either gives me advice or is trying to scare me away. I still can’t decide which. He told me a lot of interesting things about Brian and what I needed to do to make sure I didn’t scare him away. It was a very awkward conversation. Brian and I had the chance to talk through out the night and get to know each other. I was totally drunk so I probably told him a lot more than he should know. At the end of the night he gave me his number and I was suppose to call him on Monday after 3 p.m. when I got back to Fort Worth.
My friend and I ended up going to eat after the bars and while we were sitting there he called one of my friends to talk to me and he called my friend again the next day to tell me he was home. I finally gave him my cell number and agreed that I would call him when I got home. Anyway, we have talked four times and he seems like a great person. I am not sure that it is going anywhere because I am not normally attracted to guys like him but he is the sweetest, smartest guy ever.

Stay tuned. More news to come and I promise I will keep it short.

No comments: