Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekend Update

So I am watching the Olympic partner skating right now and they are playing a lot of Spanish music. I just heard some Celia Cruz, Luis Miguel, I heard an old ballad earlier and now they are playing some bossa nova. Does anyone know why? Is it a requirement?
Has anyone been watching the Olympics? This is the first time I have watched any part of Olympics, I enjoy the summer Olympics a lot better.

Anyway, on to better topics (maybe). This was a very relaxing weekend. It was terribly cold here and the roads were some-what hazardous so I stayed home as much as possible. I was suppose to go to a party on Saturday night but it got canceled because of the weather. So a few of the people who were going to the party decided to swing by my place instead. They brought the food they were going to take to the other party so we had plenty to eat. We just talked, ate, and played poker. I don't know the first think about poker, I think I might have played once or twice but I don't know what I doing. But I actually won, I was surprised. My strategy? Do you really want to know? Get them drunk then take their money. No, actually the guys that come over don't drink so it was a very calm evening. No stripping or flashing, or drunk dialing.

I started reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss on Friday and I finished it today. I couldn't put the book down, it kept taking little twist and turns that I just wasn't expecting and I was hooked. When I got to the last page I kept flipping through the pages hoping there was more. If you get a chance make sure you read this book.

Other than that I don't have anything else going on. I have to go back to work tomorrow but I think I may go in late and let the icy roads melt a little.

I hope you had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am very watching the olympic games. I like winter's better than Summer's regardless of less skin revealing. I regret I didn't take a vacation because of the time differences...

Yay for poker winning! I have never played poker for real. It's such a grown up thingy to do.:-)

You have a fantabulous EXTENDED weekend and stay warm!