Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I am Green

I am green with envy. My co-worker got a beautiful bouquet of flowers that has the office smelling so good. And yesterday I got a call from a friend and he received a bouquet of flowers at work from a secret admirer. The card says something like - I have been admiring you from a distance, I hope you feel the same way I do - We tried figuring out who it could be but we still have no clue. I am very excited for him because he has been single for about 3 years now.

A long time ago my friend FWmama use to send me flowers for my birthday. I don't actually recall if she ever sent me flowers for Valentines. Thanks for the flowers SM!

Do you have a Valentine? If not, do you wish you did?

Which would you rather get Flowers or Chocolate?

I did get a coat for Valentines. My little brother called me last night and there was a sale on top coats so he got me one. I should get it in the mail in about a week. I love coats, I have way to many so one more wont hurt me. And it really isn't that cold here, so I am not sure why I need a top coat. Maybe I will live in a cold city one day, and I won't have to worry about buying one then.

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have flowers as I have a strict preference when it comes to chocolate. :)

It's nice to have a secret Valentine but then it can be freaky and stalkish... But I hope he gets a great Valentine. :)

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Martinez Family said...

If I remember correctly, I did get you VD flowers before. But I think I mostly sent them for your birthday. See? You're loved!

porchmouse said...

Allo...sorry to say that I did get flowers today. If you knew me you would know that I am not a "flower" person but do understand that it is V-Day. And they were/are this kick-ass fuschia colour which too me is better than red. I'm way too practical when it comes to flowers, as in, let's put the $ towards property taxes instead of flowers. I know, I suck. So I'm sending you...these virtual flowers...close your eyes...see them...see??? Amazing. Happy V-Day nonetheless.

savante said...

Can the flowers and the chocolate :) I want a boyfriend for Valentine!

Paul

KB said...

I like flowers, but not for special occasions. They mean more if they are from someone special just because.

For special occasions, I'd much rather receive jewelery!

Just Me said...

Shigeki - The whole secret admirer is kind of freaky if you think about it as a stalker. We still don't know who sent him flowers but I can't wait to find out.

FWmama - I am sure you did. Thanks :) What W give you?

Sue - I am the same way, I would rather go pick up some flowers at the local market just to decorate and I would use the rest of the money towards something useful like shoes :)

Paul - You are right, give me a boyfriend over flowers anytime. I am still debating wheter a boyfriend is better than chocolate :)

KB - How could I have forgetten about the jewelry? I guess women would prefer jewelry. I didn't think about that.

Martinez Family said...

W and I chose to ignore the holiday, as usual. Even though I havent' worked at the florist for almost 5 years, the holiday is still tainted for me. Everytime I hear "VD" I cringe. It immediately brings to mind bumbling dimwits who don't understand why they can't place a delivery order for roses at 4 p.m. on the 14th. Do you have any idea how absolutely stupid most men are??