Friday, February 17, 2006

Class Reunion Update and Weekend Plans.

Well, it is settled. I am not going to my class reunion.
After an email with he time and place of our reunion was sent out a chain of emails got started in which people shared their live stories, called each other names, and just made asses out of themselves. Watching their childish actions quickly helped me make my decision that I did not want to be a part of any of this.
I was planning on sharing a few of the comments but I decided against it. What's the point?

Is anyone else glad it's the weekend? What are your plans for the weekend?

I am going to study most of the weekend. I do have a meeting at 9:30 on Saturday morning (Who schedules meetings on Saturday morning?), a dance thing to see a guy Chico is in love with at 2, and I have to hurry home and make a coffee cake for a party at 7 p.m.
I was asked to bring something home made but I am not about to cook for these fools, so instead I am just going to throw together a coffee cake.

I don't really have much planned for Sunday. I need to do laundry at some point, clean house and maybe head over to see my family.

7 comments:

Robert said...

I ain't doing much either but I do get Monday off. Think I'll just stay home and veg and do as little as possible. heh! Whatever you'll be doing, I hope you have a wonderful weekend Cesar. Take care!

PS. Coffee cake. yum!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to class reunion thingy because all they talk about is the past... I need the future to look at :-)

is it weekend? well, I don't know what day it is today anymore because I've been weekendless...

On the other hand, I wish you a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

...Your post suddenly made me realize that in about a year I'm gonna be pestered by annoying invitations for MY reunion. Aaargh! How can that be?! I still feel like I graduated 2 or 3 years ago!! And now suddenly it's been a decade?! WTF?!

porchmouse said...

Excellent choice on not attending the reunion! As for the power outage, yes I did manage to return and find pants. As for my weekend, check out today's entry and you will meet my freezer feet. So damn cold. Happy Weekending!

savante said...

School reunions are always scary but it's still nice to see your old old friends :) Sure it's totally off?

Paul

Just Me said...

Robert - I ended up not doing anything this weekend. It was nice, I just read a lot, and did homework...oh, and the coffee cake was delicious!

Shigeki - You are right, I don't think I woudl have much in common with these people anymore. I don't think I will be going.

Kaiser - I know WTF! I can't believe it has already been 10 years either. I just want it to pass soon so I can get it past me.

Sue - I think it is a good choice too. Hopefully it is the right one :)

Paul - I am pretty sure it is totally off. Unless my friend Sarah convinces me to go with her.

Martinez Family said...

Sarah won't be doing anything to convince you. You don't have to worry about that. The spirited e-mail exchanges was enough to dissuade me. I can't believe you didn't share my reasoned response to all those crazy messages. It was poetry I tell ya! Sheer poetry!