Thursday, February 16, 2006

Class Reunion, Stress, Naps, and other ramblings

My ten year class reunion is coming up in June and I don't think I am going. FWmama and I have been emailing about it and there isn't anyone there I care to see. Maybe it is because I am in a horrible mood this morning but I just want to see those people.

Did you go to your reunion? If you did, did you enjoy it?

Are you having a shitty day like I am? I so, do you want to come over and jump in bed with me and take a nap? Naps always help me when I am having a bad day, it's like starting all over.


Other random comments:

1. I decided to change my concentration for my MBA. My concentration was supply chain management, now it will be project management. I may have to take a few extra classes but I think I will enjoy it more.

2. I am kind of stressed at work. I normally enjoy working under stress but this is not fun.

3. My finance paper for school is going to suck. I can't even pick a topic that my professor likes. I have suggested 3 different topics and he has turned down all 3. I am going in for my 4th today. If I don't have a topic by the end of the day I will get 10 points taken off my paper. I don't like him very much right now.

4. Any takers on the nap?

UPDATE - Read all About IT

First - I am a little offended that only one person took me up on the opportunity to take a nap with me. Thanks.

Second - I have a topic for my paper. After much pleading and crying he finally said my topic was OHIO Well, I didn't cry but I did tell him I had no bucking clue what he was looking for so he agreed to go with my second topic "even though it doesn't meet the criteria". So I hope he doesn't take points off when he is grading it at the end of the semester. Do we have any finance majors in blogdom?

5 comments:

porchmouse said...

Class reunions...hot topic so early in the morning!!! I have skipped two 10 year reunions so I should probably not give advice. The first was high school and the second was university (they have a big homecoming each year). A friend of mine and I planned on doing shots and showing up but it scared us in the end so we bolted. The way I look at it is that chances are anyone you wanted to stay in contact with you are still in contact with. Why force it? For example, where I live, I still dodge people in the mall that I knew in high school which makes me wonder if I acted this stupid in high school...oh well...I love how interactive you are on your blog. Good stuff. Happy napping.

swirly girl said...

I had mine a couple of years ago...And I didn't go after I saw the list of people who were attending. They were a bunch of tools in high school. Besides, I had no desire to confirm who really peaked in high school.

Also, I decided that I was totally different than I was in high school. I didn't need to go back somewhere that would try and force me back into some role that I no longer played.

...Yeah, I think I think too much about this.

Martinez Family said...

Sign me up for the nap! Deadline is bearing down on me and, as usual, I've got so much left to do that my brain has gone into shutdown. Which is why I'm checking your blog for the second time today. Good choice with the project management thing. I think that's going to be in big demand in the coming years. BTW, I responded to the K8 e-mail we were talking about, commending her for speaking up. Whaddayathinkaboutthat?

Just Me said...

Sue - I completely agree with you. I only keep up with 1 person from high school and that is really everyone I care to keep in touch with.
Thanks for the compliment. :)
The nap was amazing :)

Chico - If I had to actually travel somewhere to go for my class reunion I wouldn't go either.

SG - I agree. I think a lot of people go to prove to everyone from their HS that they are a sucess. I don't really care about that.

FWmama - I agree about the project management. I talked to the advisor today and I may not have to take as many additional classes as I thought.

Robert said...

No, wasn't too fond of my high school years. Never went to any functions really.

And gosh, how many people do you want to nap with? :-) Hope you're feeling better by now!