Friday, February 24, 2006

Love the One Your With

Friday is finally here. I can't wait to get out of here. I am going through a board training on Saturday so I will be doing that all day. I don't really have plans on Sunday other than sleeping and doing homework.

My co-worker and I have decided to love our jobs starting on Monday. We can't seem to find jobs so we are just going to love the one we have (isn't that a country song? Love the one your with?). I know, I know, it is sad but sometimes you have to convince yourself you are happy right where you are. This can apply to relationships, jobs, or just about anything else in life.

In other news - I don't have any plants or pets. Does that say something about me? I am not sure but I don't think I am comfortable with that. I may have to go buy a plant this weekend.

5 comments:

porchmouse said...

Allo...
I don't have any plants or pets either. Does that also say something about me? I like cats and Brad likes dogs so I've decided it is non-negotiable. I have decided on cherry cheesecake for tomorrow nights dinner. Easy. Quick. Safe.
Canada took Gold in curling today. It is a huge deal. The game was fantastic. Don't work too hard this weekend.
Sue

Robert said...

Oh and right now, it's Sunday night already and Monday morning's just around the corner.. aaahhhhh!

Love our jobs, love our jobs... ugh, I'm trying! :-) But you're right, happiness is right now... and it's true, I believe it! :-) [If not now, when? right?]

At my old apartment, I only had fake plants... now since I moved, I have nothing but real ones... and I also have a millepede. Hope you had a wonderful weekend yourself Cesar! You're just too cute! heh!

ça va pas la tête said...

I love my job and my job love me back....

That would be a nice dream right?

Martinez Family said...

Call me the nutty one, but I'm not comfortable with saying "love my job." I'm fortunate now that I "like" my job. Love is reserved for something that's really significant and meaningful to me. I know that's splitting hairs, but that's how I feel. I love my job as a mother, wife, etc. But I refuse to say I love my job. It will never, ever love you back.

P.S. We're going to take care of the plants soon, remember?! We're going to transform your patio into a gardening oasis!

Just Me said...

Hi Sue - How was the party? Did everyone love the cheesecake?
I am not sure what it says about us that we don't have any plants or pets...maybe we are just not plant/pets people. I hope it doesn't mean we are bad people :)

Robert - A millepede? That is interesting, I have never heard of anyone having a millepede before? How long have you had it? where did you get it? I want to know more.

You are so right, it has to be now. I am to tired for regrets.
Have a great Monday!!

ça va pas la tête - That would be great! If my job loved me back I wouldn't have to worry about finding a boyfriend :)

SM - You are right, a job will never love you back. But I think you have to love your job in order to be happy. If you are just doing something you like or somewhat like then your heart is probably not in it and you need to find something else to do.