Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yawn - Saturday

It was a lazy Saturday. I didn't do much besides getting a hair cut and having a facial. It was really very relaxing.
I think I found a place to get a hair cut in the surrounding neighborhoods that won't cost $50. I found this place called Socorro's


Socorro's Beauty Salon
(sorry the picture is so small - I will figure out how to make it bigger)

The people there were very nice and friendly. The owner even offered me a gansito which I love. I think that won me over. They also paid compliments on my shoes and my shirt :) How could I not go back? And my hair looks pretty good.

Since I just moved to my neighborhood I have been trying to find out what it has to offer. There is a lot of hip and cool places to the north west of my neighborhood but to the east there are a lot of hole in the wall places. Those are the ones I am interested in, while I was running around I found an Asian market, an Italian shop with fresh pasta, and there are a lot of Mexican restaurants. There is also a little Thai restaurant and a lot of Vietnamese restaurants. Now I have to find someone to try these restaurants with me. I need to find a place that makes fresh baked sweet Mexican bread. That use to be my breakfast on Sunday mornings.

I have decided I will start incorporating pictures of the places in my neighborhood. Right outside of my place you can see all of downtown Dallas and it is a beautiful sight at night. As soon as I take one at night I will post it. I will need to figure out how to make the pictures bigger.


On a positive note: I did have another phone interview and I have a follow up interview on Tuesday. There are some pros and cons to this job.
Pros -
1. A lot more money (A LOT)
2. They are interested
3. They have two positions and they are only interviewing 3 candidates.
4. Great vacation benefits
5. Great medical benefits

Cons -
1. It is in FW (about 45 minutes away)
2. It is not the job I wanted.
3. It is in the defense industry. May conflict with my morals esp. the anti-war beliefs.
4. Once I get use to the money it would be hard to leave.

On a different note: I have been working with this guy on getting some stuff done. All of our communications have always been through email but yesterday he called me and his voice is SEXY. It is deep, masculine, and seductive. Yesterday we met up so he could give me some stuff and the voice matches the body and the personality. He seems like a really cool guy but he is really young. I think he is 22 or 23 and he is the artsy type. I love the artsy type...but the artsy type and my Type A personality don't really mix to well. Not that he showed any interest in me or anything. I am just saying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, I took the current job because the salary was EXTREMELY huge. A lot of middle class would be envious of. I think it's good if you are only after money but it makes you wonder after awhile. I mean it's good to take a job for 2 or 3 years but that's it. If you are not doing what you are interested in doing, you will be tired eventually. That's all I am saying.

I'd love to see the photo of the view. :-) I will be looking forward to it.

swirly girl said...

There is another pro to that job. If you take that job, you'll be going to opposite way of the heavier traffic. Because it's usually people live in Fort Worth & work in Dallas, not the other way around. So that could also be good.

I worked in a defense-like positon. I liked the industry, but the boss was an ass. But I had the misgivings you did. I only accepted after I did little research and spoke with a lot of people.

Anyway, congrats !

Anonymous said...

Like we discussed on the phone, anything is better than your current position. I'd take the job, bide my time, draw my hefty salary and look for greener pastures. If you're making a good amount of money you'll be able to take your time and look for something you really, really want. You might even consider going in to business for yourself. I think you're cut out for it. -SM

Just Me said...

Shigeki - Thanks for your opinion. I have the interview today (Tuesday). I hope things go well. I have a couple of other interviews this week, I should have a gob pretty soon.

Swilry Girld - If I take the job I can listen to books on tape again :) I love that!
And you are right, traffic won't be that bad.

SM - I will see how it goes tomorrow. If they make a job offer I will go from there. I am going to call the other places I have already interviewed with and see what is going on.