Friday, January 06, 2006

It's been a bad week!

Yea, a pretty shitty week indeed.

My boss quit yesterday so I decided to stay home today and continue my job search. It is pretty hard trying to find a job when everyone wants to know why I am leaving my current company after 4 months. Can I tell them that my current employer is corrupts? Can I tell them I feel like I am working in hell every time I show up to work? I have to find a better way to tell them why I am leaving.
On a better note, I do have some job leads and I had a phone interview this morning. At the end of the interview they tell me there isn't a job opening YET and that when there is it will probably be in Canada. I am cool with that, I like Canada.
I have been a ball of nerves. I didn't think my boss was leaving until the beginning of January but she said she couldn't take it anymore. She is trying to help us find jobs so hopefully her recomendations will help.

A dog peed on me. That is all I am going to say about that.

I am having my morning coffee right now (I know it is already 12:07 but I just woke up about an hour ago) and I am going to jump in the shower and go do some shopping to distract me for a minute. Tomorrow I am going to get a facial and make it a ME day. I need some pampering.

4 comments:

swirly girl said...

You can be honest--within reason.

You could say, "Well, after four monthsit's apparent to me that this is not the right for me. I 'm looking for a position with more ____ and less _____"

Anonymous said...

However it is, I am so jealous that you are looking for a job and getting ready to resign. I wish I could doo that. Not yet....

Living in Canada? Where exactly? if it's middle of nowhere, I'd die. :( But it's is somewhere fabulous, I see your point.

Enjoy your day off and your little treat to yourself!

KB said...

I almost spit out my hot tea when I read that some dog peed on you! ha ha ha! When? Why? Who's dog? Where???? ha ha ha! Poor Cesar.

I think that you should just tell them something like, they are downsizing, or perhaps that the job description was different than the employer described when you interviewed. Make it sound positive. Don't bad mouth any company, b/c other companies may thing that you are in the habit of doing that, and they might network with other people. You don't want that reputation.

Just Me said...

Swirly Girl - That is a good suggestion. I will have to start using that insted of "I hate the people and I hate the company" I actually never said that :)

Shigeki - It will be in Toronto or Vancouver. I have never been to Vancouver but I have spent some time in Toronto. I really hope something comes through in Washington DC, back home in Califoria or here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Kerry - It was my sisters dog. I was petting her and she got a little to excited. It was very disgusting. I was an hour away from home and I didn't have any clothes to change into.