Thursday, January 12, 2006

2006 Reading List

I have put together a list of books I want to read for 2006. If there are any books you have read recently and you think they are worth reading let me know and I might add them to my list:

Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman

The Interpreter; A tale of Crime and Injustice by Alice Kaplan

Zorro by Isabell Allende

The Language Police by Diane Ravitch

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Don’t Get Too Comfortable by David Rakoff

Address Unkown by Kathrine Kressman Taylor

Breakfast with Tiffany, an Uncles Momoir by Edwin John Wintle

Assimil Language Books

Washington Square by Henry James

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Read so far this Year
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss LOVED You should read it

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

The old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Buying a fishing rod for my granfather by Xingjian Gao


Started reading but couldn't bear finishing the book
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai

Books on my original list but I decided not to read

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My life time favorite book is "The Little Prince". It's for children but it speaks to your heart. Really. Fantabulous book. It's not long. You can read it quickly. I'd strongly recommend it. Really.

Anonymous said...

My lifetime favorite is the Bible.
You sinners may have never heard of it. Pick yourself up a copy today and be saved!

Martinez Family said...

I read almost a third of History of Love. It was pretty good and I would've probably finished it if it hadn't been due back at the library.

I wouldn't waste my time with A Million Little Pieces. The Smoking Gun did an expose on him and apparently he "fudged" on his criminal record. He was on Larry King last night trying to defend himself.

Right now I'm reading Teacher Man by Frank McCourt, the dude who wrote Angela's Ashes. It's really good. -SM

Just Me said...

Shigeki - I have never read that book. I am going to add it to my list.

Anonymous - Thanks for the recomendationg. But I have already read the bible.

fwmama - I can't wait to read the History of Love. I think you would really like Misquoting Jesus. Check it out and let me know what you think.