Wednesday, January 18, 2006

All Systems Down...Again

I find it a little disturbing that I work for a high tech/out sorcing company and our systems are down all of the time. They have been down all morning and they were down most of yesterday.

That doesn't leave me with much to do. So I read blogs, I surf the internet, and I yawn a lot.

Did I mention that they made me move offices last week? I use to have this huge office and they made me move to an even bigger office right next door. Yes, right next door. Why you ask? Well, they wanted to give my office to someone in Investor Relations and they didn't want to give her the big office. So I get the big office. Yay for me.

Did I mention I am moving again on Friday? Yeap, why you ask? Well, they are moving my department to a building that is about 20 minutes away from the main campus and I will be in a cubicle instead of my spacious office. So I will have to move again on Friday around lunch.
I am a little pissed about the move because it is going to increase my drive about 20 minutes. But I can now listen to NPR in the morning and I can listen to books on tape.

I feel like doing some shopping. I am going to run over the West Village and buy me something pretty to make me feel better. I will be back in two hours and if the system is not back up by then I am going home for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, system outsourcing company is having a difficulty with network? wow. :) I am impressed.

Too bad that you have to move twice. so i guess you won't unpack things until you finally move to the last destination of the office. :)

Oh yay, just leave and buy yourself something pretty and slutty (when you achieve your goal on the excercise thingy )

Good day

Alex said...

Irony isn't it? Tech companies need tech support....
well.... happy moving!

Just Me said...

Shigeki - After 2.5 days all of our systems are finally up. I can finally get some work done, I was getting so bored here.
I went shopping but I didn't find anything I liked. I am going shopping again this weekend for shoes. Have I mentioned I love shoes?

Alex - Yes, it is ironic. We seem to need a lot of tech support.