Monday, August 28, 2006

You want me to do what?

I had a talk with my boss last week about how I am completely bored out of my mind and I have nothing to do. He gave me a couple of projects that shouldn't take me very long to complete. One of them is really interesting though, I have to work with our web developers to create a website for our department. It should be fun.

So today, my co-worker and I get an email and he is asking us to log our time by 15 minute increments. He wants to know how we spend our day. Yea, you heard right. I am being freaking micromanaged.

If you are going to pay me this much money, do you really want to micromanage me? Did you hire me because of my qualifications or do you want to spend most of your time breathing down my back?

It is frustrating. I voiced my concern so we will see what happens, he said it was only for this week so we will see.

log my time..I don't f'in believe it.
What should I log the time I just used writting this blog? General Office Duties?

4 comments:

Robert said...

Will it be an intranet site? If no, I want to see. If so, you can always send me a screenprint. heh.. I like looking at new and interesting websites.

No no no, bill it to your clients... they'll never know! :-) BTW, we must have the same job.. cuz I'm also completely bored outta my wits and I have nothing to do either. gaaaaah!

porchmouse said...

Oohh...post a "day in the life of" when you get a chance.

Why don't you log blogging under "communicating with clients" or something like that. "Tracking feedback" could be used to read your replies.

This makes me realize I don't know what you do at work, so fill me in and I will help you with your descriptions.

Martinez Family said...

I had to do that at my old job. Every single week we had to send an e-mail to our supervisor listing what we accomplished during the week. You wanna know what I did? By god, I'll tell you EVERYTHING. That's right I made a habit of jotting down every insignificant thing I did: every client call I took, every fax that was sent out, every draft written and submitted, every spreadsheet updated.

After about of month, they decided they only needed to know about our top projects/priorities for the coming week. I got some other folks on board with me and the higher ups we're tired of the laundry lists. Ah, corporate mutiny!

Just Me said...

Robert -
It is an intranet site and it isn't going to be anything exciting. I will show it to you though.

Sue -
I work for the Devil! Or if feels like that anyway. I do like your suggestions...I had a good laugh about that. :) (I just realized I don't have your email to email you about what I do).

SM - I am just rounding up my numbers. It is crazy and it is a waste of my time. Seriously now!