Saturday, August 12, 2006

The things people do

I don't think I have mentioned that my mom is in town for a while visiting. I took the day off on Friday to go spend some time with her but all we did was shop all day. She is going to be spending all of next week with me so that should be fun...and the food should be amazing. :)

I went to my sisters house early for breakfast but we were running a little late so we just cooked something quick. My mom is not much of a breakfast person so I was surprised when she said she was going to have breakfast. The pictures below is what she had. Can you tell what it is?





If you can't tell, that is coffee...with cereal...and animal crackers. Don't judge, she was in a hurry. I tried it and it actually doesn't taste bad at all. I guess it would all depend on the kind of cereal you are having.

So this lead to a very interesting conversation and we started talking about all the things we eat that are out of the ordinary. I am sure every family has them and here are ours:

1. Pizza - When my family orders pizza we always cut tomatoes in circles and add them to the top of the pizza. We also add lettuce and maybe onions. We also add hot sauce (not the store bought but the good stuff...the home made stuff).

2. Hamburgers - We always have radishes when we have hamburgers.

This next one is just me, my family things I am weird when I do it. I chop up onions and add it to my ketchup for my fries.

They are not weird but I am sure other families don't do them.

Is there anything your family does with food that is unique?

2 comments:

Martinez Family said...

I eat French onion dip on whole wheat toast.

Anonymous said...

my family's oatmeal recipe:
- oats
- water
- sugar
- margarine
- eggs
serve hot w/kimchee.

diner's tip #1234: when dining out, always carry your own condiments (i.e. pickled peppers).

health inspection report: failed?
for - reusing the styrofoam tray poultry products are sold in, suggestion - the trays are great for packing homemade dumplings for freezing. how you say...sah-ruh-mo-ne-rah?