Monday, August 21, 2006

The world is out to get me

I am convinced the world has it in for me. The last few months have been nothing but one bad thing after another.
First my car.
Then my air conditioning.
Now a leak in my ceiling.

I got home last night after being out at a pool party...where I drank way to much. I heard a thumb in my kitchen and my light fixture had fallen down. When I got closer to inspect it, I noticed there was water all over the floor. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I took a closer look and there was a small drip coming from the ceiling.

I went and nocked on my neighbors door to make sure it wasn't coming from their place but they weren't home. After a while the water stopped so I figured it was temporary.

I went home for lunch today and my neighbor came down to talk to me and his Ozarka water bottle (2 gallon) had a leak and it spilled on the floor. So luckily it wasn't a pipe but I may still have water damage. I am trying to find someone to come out and inspect it and make sure there isn't major damage and to put my light back on.

And hopefully it won't cost to much. The neighbor has agreed to pay for everything but it still sucks.

I am convinced the world hates me...that or someone has put a curse on me...which could be likely.

4 comments:

Legolas said...

May the light of Elune shines on you, my dear.

And it's still a good thing your neighbour agrees to pay for your damages.

Martinez Family said...

Dude, that just sucks. You want my Loving Husband to come take a look before you pay someone to go out there?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that has happened to you. However, on the bright side, the repair man could be very hot, sexy, and sweaty... Make sure you offer something while he is fixing the thing. :-)

KB said...

I believe the world (aka God) gives us challenges in life to remind us of why we're here and what our purpose is. Of course, we don't know for sure what our purpose is, but we should always be searching for that answer.

I also believe that God never gives us more than we can handle, and that he always gives us the "right" way out of bad situations. It's up to look into them and find the right path.